Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge

Ahh, hadn't thought of that. But....

Inge's #'s vs lefties (in 34 ab's)

.441/.486/.765, 3hr, 9rbi

I think it's going to be too tempting, with Betemit's lack of production as a right handed batter. Plus there's the late inning defensive replacement factor.

DR said:

I think it's going to be too tempting, with Betemit's lack of production as a right handed batter. Plus there's the late inning defensive replacement factor.
id rather have kelly in there as a late inning defensive replacement becuase he is just as good at 3rd with a better bat and could steal a base or two if we needed him to.

austindayeisaboss said:
DR said:

id rather have kelly in there as a late inning defensive replacement becuase he is just as good at 3rd with a better bat and could steal a base or two if we needed him to.

I'm not necessarily advocating this move, I just thing it's going to happen.

That said, I'm not a big Kelly fan at all. If Inge is looking like he's gained some of his range back I'd take him over Kelly all day.

of course jimmy im in love with my inge leyland will play him alot but i still dont think he needs to be an everyday player and you know thats what jim is going to make him

Why do people think Kelly is good at third? He has zero range and terrible foot work. He's not really major league caliber at any position. I'd rather have Inge in his spot right now. Neither can hit work shit, but at least Inge can field a position.

JimRice said:
Why do people think Kelly is good at third? He has zero range and terrible foot work. He's not really major league caliber at any position. I'd rather have Inge in his spot right now. Neither can hit work shit, but at least Inge can field a position.

You're smart.

With our luck, Inge will hit. 250 in September which will be enough for JL to annoint him the 2012 starter.

We already owe Inge for next season and we don't owe Kelly anything, so if he doesn't win the 3b job next season I see us keeping Inge as a super-sub instead of Kelly. He can play all the positions, including C, and as long as were paying him we myswell use him instead of Kelly.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]With our luck, Inge will hit. 250 in September which will be enough for JL to annoint him the 2012 starter.

I think we all need to get used to the fact that Inge will get more than a chance to win the job in 2012.

I wish it was different, but I think Inge will get a lot of reps next spring and have the inside track.

randyf10 said:
We already owe Inge for next season and we don't owe Kelly anything, so if he doesn't win the 3b job next season I see us keeping Inge as a super-sub instead of Kelly. He can play all the positions, including C, and as long as were paying him we myswell use him instead of Kelly.

I think you misspelled that. You meant super-dud, right?

Inge shouldn't get day 1 as a starter in '12. 5m or not. Just give betemit a shot before the gimp. In MLB terms, 5m is nothing. Jut cut the bastard. A guy who hits .170 shouldn't get any shot at making a team.

This is the only season he has hit this bad, he deserves to at least fight it out with Kelly for the super-sub job. We do have a spot for a player like him. Every team needs a very versatile 25th player, and the fact that he could C against a few LHP and still have Martinez DH is a plus over Kelly.

As for Betemit, I'm not sure what JL thinks of him yet, I thought he would play more than he has but JL likes playing Kelly there too much. Don't like the idea of '12 with Inge or Betemit as our starter, Betemit's D leaves alot too be desired. Take Guillen's money and go after Ramirez from the Cubs.

Quit saying super-stud. His defense is not the same as it was 3-4 years ago. And he can't hit for most of his career.

JimRice said:

What?

Don Kelly was far better this year on defense then Inge.

Don Kelly can play all 9 positions, Inge can't.

Don Kelly can run well, Inge can't.

And as bad as Don Kelly is at the plate, he is still better then Inge.

Bringing Inge back in Sept. because of his loyalty is a mistake, we should have made a clean break when we had the chance.

Bringing Inge back in Sept. because of his loyalty is a mistake, we should have made a clean break when we had the chance.

At the least just a 1 year deal, DD deserves a kick in the nads for that, or Ilitch for this blind loyalty stuff. You don't win pennants bringing back this many over the hill and DL prone players.

MI_Thumb said:
JimRice said:

What?

Don Kelly was far better this year on defense then Inge.

Don Kelly can play all 9 positions, Inge can't.

Don Kelly can run well, Inge can't.

And as bad as Don Kelly is at the plate, he is still better then Inge.

Just because you put a guy in nine positions, it doesn't mean he can play them. Don Kelly can play corner outfield, third and first. None of them well, at all.

There is no way in hell that Kelly is better than Inge at third. He just isn't.

Both are terrible at the plate and shouldn't be starting.

Back