Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge

Do you rememberhow good Inge looked in the limited time they had him play a few games in the OF? He is a very good athlete and I think would be just as good as Kelly playing as a sub at multiple positions, plus the fact that he has quite a bit of expierence at C is a big plus for next year.

JimRice said:
Why do people think Kelly is good at third? He has zero range and terrible foot work. He's not really major league caliber at any position. I'd rather have Inge in his spot right now. Neither can hit work shit, but at least Inge can field a position.

When Inge arrives at the plate for his 1st at-bat in September, should Brandon show the same plate mechanics as prior, I will puke all over my TV screen.

MotownWebGuy said:
JimRice said:
Why do people think Kelly is good at third? He has zero range and terrible foot work. He's not really major league caliber at any position. I'd rather have Inge in his spot right now. Neither can hit work shit, but at least Inge can field a position.

When Inge arrives at the plate for his 1st at-bat in September, should Brandon show the same plate mechanics as prior, I will puke all over my TV screen.

Does Don Kelly in the box help you keep food down?

We're basically talking about getting punched in the nuts or kicked in the nuts. Between Kelly and Inge, there is no good option.

JimRice said:
MotownWebGuy said:

Does Don Kelly in the box help you keep food down?

We're basically talking about getting punched in the nuts or kicked in the nuts. Between Kelly and Inge, there is no good option.

I am not a fan of Betemit, Raburn, Kelly or Inge at 3B. I have never approved the 2010 off-season signing of Brandon Inge.

JimRice said:
MI_Thumb said:
What?

Don Kelly was far better this year on defense then Inge.

Don Kelly can play all 9 positions, Inge can't.

Don Kelly can run well, Inge can't.

And as bad as Don Kelly is at the plate, he is still better then Inge.

Bringing Inge back in Sept. because of his loyalty is a mistake, we should have made a clean break when we had the chance.

Just because you put a guy in nine positions, it doesn't mean he can play them. Don Kelly can play corner outfield, third and first. None of them well, at all.

There is no way in hell that Kelly is better than Inge at third. He just isn't.

Both are terrible at the plate and shouldn't be starting.

2011 Brandon Inge UZR150: 0.1

2011 Don Kelly UZR150: 5.4

Don Kelly is not the answer at 3B, but defensively he is the best we have, Inge was just terrible this year in the field.

Sorry if I'm breaking your Inge fan bubble.

Your UZR sample size is way too small. Your read of my Inge fanship is silly.

UZR is not like home runs or batting average. It's not some definitive number. If you knew how it worked, you wouldn't quote it like gospel.

JimRice said:
Your UZR sample size is way too small. Your read of my Inge fanship is silly.

UZR is not like home runs or batting average. It's not some definitive number. If you knew how it worked, you wouldn't quote it like gospel.

The sample is this year, and it's just what I said and you argued.

Don Kelly is better then Brandon Inge at 3B this year.

Fact.

If you want we can throw UZR out the window.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/ingebr01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/ingebr01.shtml

Check out the stats for each at 3B for 2011.

Brandon Inge got DFA'd not only because he could not hit, but because he was no longer making up for it in the field.

We need to do something. Betemit has been pretty bad at third base. I suppose Inge is the late inning replacement and will start against left handers. I just hope Inge has found his bat because he is far superior defensively and we need all the help we can get in that department.

12-3 with Wilson B. as a starter....

INGEHOF...... Batting under .300 at Toledo..

He has not fielded that great this year...

UNLEASH THE TIMO!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for Dirks..

Inge doesn't listen to the batting coaches anymore.......He has stated this so many times. The guy is very hardheaded

bottom line is raburn is hitting much better than dirks of late....hopefully this means the end of raburn in the IF.

frankly I like the idea of a betemit/Inge tandem for now. We'll see how Inge hits going forward.

jimmygank said:
bottom line is raburn is hitting much better than dirks of late....hopefully this means the end of raburn in the IF.

frankly I like the idea of a betemit/Inge tandem for now. We'll see how Inge hits going forward.
it wont, he will still see tons of time at 2nd along with santiago.

Raburn has 9 errors in 42 starts at second base... He should never see the field more then once or twice a week...If that...And only verses LHP..

Not to drag on about Inge and bring up the negatives, but sometimes what he says just really bothers me.

"When I went down there, the furthest thing on my mind was mechanics," Inge said. "I did not care about mechanics, I did not want to hear about my stance, I didn't want to hear [anything]. I just got up there, saw the ball, got comfortable and hit."

"They could have released me," Inge said of the Tigers' front office. "That was an option. That was something I could have done. I could have said, 'Fine. Release me and I know I could go to probably 20 other teams and play. Especially National League teams, too.' But I didn't want to. I didn't want to go out like that.

Not caring at all about your mechanics or stance doesn't seem like a good strategy for long term success.

And honestly, how can he say he could have gone to 20 other teams....I mean I know he is just talking on the spot, but unless he is including minor league teams, he is not getting to 20 teams.

I mean, obviously I really want him to succeed and give us a solid option at 3rd and help us make the playoffs, and I am glad he got off to a good start. I'm sure he really appreciated the good response from the crowd, but sometimes it is just frustrating to read what he says.

Inge had a couple good ABs, I'm glad he did as I am a Tiger fan first. Hopefully he gets red hot and helps our team, but I doubt it. It was good to see him play well and have a good time though. As much as I have criticized him over the years, it sucked to see him go out like he did this year.

One last chance for him just as long as they don't bring him back. And yeah, his comments make him sound like a total douche still.

I have always maintained, so goes Inge offensively, so goes the Tigers.

2008-2010

Inge 1st Half = 87.11 RC/650 .788 OPS 26.64 PA/HR
Inge 2nd Half = 55.47 RC/650 .607 OPS 49.00 PA/HR

2008-2010
DET 1st Half = 195-158 .552 WPCT
DET 2nd Half = 134-162 .453 WPCT

Since 2009, Tiger W% (.520 Total) in games started for the following players (40 GS min)

Sizemore 33-25 .569
V. Martinez 61-47 .565
C. Wells 27-21 .563
M. Thames 37-30 .552
J. Anderson 22-18 .550
Polanco 80-66 .548
Everett 73-62 .541
Peralta 87-76 .534
Guillen 87-77 .530
Inge 190-169 .529
Granderson 82-73 .529
Cabrera 227-206 .524
Laird 104-95 .523
Boesch 119-110 .520
Raburn 119-110 .520

Ordonez 144-136 .514
Jackson 127-120 .514
Avila 105-100 .512
Kelly 58-57 .504
Dirks 21-21 .500
Worth 20-20 .500
C. Thomas 33-33 .500

Damon 65-67 .492
Santiago 90-100 .474
Rhymes 27-38 .415

Inge is delusional with his personal views of his talents. 20 teams would have picked him up and some of his other insane comments about the flick of his wrist, etc. While playing I want him to do well cause I want the Tigers to win but he is stubborn and too conceited for his own good. Hopefully he performs well enough that a team will pick him up and the majority of his salary if the Tigers part ways with him, god I hope they do, and get a real 3b and 2b for next year instead of the subpar carousel with either being bad offensively/defensively and not both together.

Back