Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Private Equity

TheVictors

Because I know you sit and wait for others to post *anything* I'm curious to hear an organic, non-Googled (I know!) description of "Private Equity" by you, tsmith.

And no two-syllable pussy-ass bumpersticker shit ....you're a self-proclaimed "small business owner" so act like one and break it down bitch.

Last edited:
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I have two words for you: JOB CREATORS.

I can't wait .... I have a feeling tsmith's server is going to overload from all the Google searches.

if you want to have a discussion about something......have it. Im not a reference source for ya. You did go to Michigan didnt ya?? or are you a walmart wolverine??

if you want to have a discussion about something......have it. Im not a reference source for ya. You did go to Michigan didnt ya?? or are you a walmart wolverine??

translation: I have no idea what private equity does, so until Fox News or one of the right-wing nutjob sites I trust do a primer on the industry, I'm going to dodge the question.

translation: I have no idea what private equity does, so until Fox News or one of the right-wing nutjob sites I trust do a primer on the industry, I'm going to dodge the question.

Im fully aware of private equity, venture capital companies....I have friends in the business

do you have an issue with them?

I think you're an idiot and couldn't explain what Private Equity is if you had a gun to your head. I'm sure you're also "aware of" nuclear fission but would be hard pressed to begin to explain anything about it either (without first searching the internet or YouTube, of course).

I think you're an idiot and couldn't explain what Private Equity is if you had a gun to your head. I'm sure you're also "aware of" nuclear fission but would be hard pressed to begin to explain anything about it either (without first searching the internet or YouTube, of course).

you're an idiot for this thread.....I know your a walmart wolverine now

you're an idiot for this thread.....I know your a walmart wolverine now

LMAO!

I have two degrees from Michigan.

And work with Private Equity firms on a regular basis and have been part of both private placements and IPOs.

Your [sic] the idiot.

Yesterday out on Hollywood Blvd. there was this little Asian chick, kind of a fairly cute little spinner type who was showing a lot of cleavage, who was blowing up those long tubular balloons and twisting them into animal shapes and selling them to people who were out with their kids.

But she wasn't talking about her craft, instead she was screaming advisements to everybody who walked by not to buy Facebook stock.

When I asked her what her opinion was on the wisdom of doing a bellies straddle, she told me to call my financial advisor.

Yesterday out on Hollywood Blvd. there was this little Asian chick, kind of a fairly cute little spinner type who was showing a lot of cleavage, who was blowing up those long tubular balloons and twisting them into animal shapes and selling them to people who were out with their kids.

But she wasn't talking about her craft, instead she was screaming advisements to everybody who walked by not to buy Facebook stock.

When I asked her what her opinion was on the wisdom of doing a bellies straddle, she told me to call my financial advisor.

yeah, that facebook stock is a mess. groupon too.

proud to say, I was all over the groupon call from day one.

tech bubble 2.0.

Y'all should pump money into my startup...not that we've taking any money other than grants yet. But you never know when your next round of proposals will be misses.

Y'all should pump money into my startup...not that we've taking any money other than grants yet. But you never know when your next round of proposals will be misses.

are you on Kickstarter.com?

I'm already in your startup whether you like it or not. whatever it is, I'm going to sue you if you make it big, and claim I gave you the idea on the ESPN.com message boards. I'll drag the case out, and win a settlement. Booya.

are you on Kickstarter.com?

I'm already in your startup whether you like it or not. whatever it is, I'm going to sue you if you make it big, and claim I gave you the idea on the ESPN.com message boards. I'll drag the case out, and win a settlement. Booya.

No kickstarter. We're doing it the old fashioned way; identifying the military application and writing proposals for the gov to evaluate.

Oh to have been able to short FB ...!

And thanks tsmith - I do enjoy helping you look like an idiot. I just assumed that with Newark mayor Booker being plastered all over FoxNews lately, that you'd be expert on Private Equity ....as you're expert on everything else.

Back