Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pats Vs. Lions

sunnydlitex123

This game will be the most important preseason game in gauging exactly what we have to start the season. I realize that we are down a couple of key players, however, there will always be injuries. The Pats have been extremely aggressive with their defense in the preseason; attacking the line of scrimmage and shooting blitzes freely and often. I expect much of the same against us.

Schwartz has closed off practices this week from the public. It is possible that this is due to giving this game priority in treating this as a trial run for the season; using this as a chance to scheme for the opponent.

I have a feeling that we will see Stafford's shoulders tested in this game...

Regardless how many they play, importance of as a game 3 its still a preseason game. I still want to see the Lions run the ball. Not worried about Staff or the passing game. And I want Brady to get his faced smashed in.

Titus Young, Backus, Scheffler, and CJ all practicing today... Trial by fire for Titus...

sunnydlitex123 said:
Titus Young, Backus, Scheffler, and CJ all practicing today... Trial by fire for Titus...

Hope that running game shows some type of sign of life.

biglou said:
sunnydlitex123 said:

Hope that running game shows some type of sign of life.

Hopefully, but they need holes to run through first.

Couldn't have a better team scheduled for the 3rd preseason game.. Will be a real test to see where we stand versus an elite club before we open the season vs Tampa

I agree if you were to pick a team to play for your 3rd preseason game it would be NE. They have been the best team in preseason so far. And they were saying game could be a sell out which is rare for preseason.

wheels002 said:
I agree if you were to pick a team to play for your 3rd preseason game it would be NE. They have been the best team in preseason so far. And they were saying game could be a sell out which is rare for preseason.

I will be there on the 50 yard line lion's side 3rd row with the family.

sunnydlitex123 said:
This game will be the most important preseason game in gauging exactly what we have to start the season. I realize that we are down a couple of key players, however, there will always be injuries. The Pats have been extremely aggressive with their defense in the preseason; attacking the line of scrimmage and shooting blitzes freely and often. I expect much of the same against us.

Schwartz has closed off practices this week from the public. It is possible that this is due to giving this game priority in treating this as a trial run for the season; using this as a chance to scheme for the opponent.

Are you serious. IT'S PRESEASON!! It means almost nothing. The '08 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and beat the Giants....who went 12-4 that year. So should we have used that game to "gauge our team"???

It's about executing and determining the final spots on the roster that Schwartz still has questions about. Other than that, it is a meaningless game.

All that matters is Stafford stays healthy and gets through it without grabbing a shoulder in agony!!

That is a post I would expect from Chica.

boogerlovejoy said:
sunnydlitex123 said:

Are you serious. IT'S PRESEASON!! It means almost nothing. The '08 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason and beat the Giants....who went 12-4 that year. So should we have used that game to "gauge our team"???

It's about executing and determining the final spots on the roster that Schwartz still has questions about. Other than that, it is a meaningless game.

All that matters is Stafford stays healthy and gets through it without grabbing a shoulder in agony!!

That is a post I would expect from Chica.

Third Pre Season game is usually the one taken most like week #1 by pretty much every NFL Coach...while I agree 100% with ya that it really doesn't matter who wins , it does give you a nice long look at your teams 1st units for usually 3 quarters.

Sucks we drew the Pats...but what the hell might as well see how you stack up early against one of the leagues elite teams.

I like it........... as long as none of our guys get hurt. We hung in there with them for a half the last time we played them so it'll be nice to see how things play out. I just hope they can cut down on those penalties, other than that I don't really have any expectations for the game.

If we end the starters time up 35 or down 35 it won't make any difference to me. It's preseason and neither team in going to dive into their playbook to make an all out effort to get a W. Vanilla O and D on both sides.

I'm pretty sure Bill Belicheat is well aware of how well Brady can handle the full playbook by now!!

I just don't see a reason to put any stock into the outcome of this game....starters portion or the whole thing.

It's going to be a rough outing for the team in general against the Pats. Carter has been beastly in his return to the 4-3. Mayo even generates pressure now. Similar to the Browns on the inside, but much better. They are going to crush our interior. Meanwhile our D-line will look average to possibly above average against their O-line.

Eddie said:
It's going to be a rough outing for the team in general against the Pats. Carter has been beastly in his return to the 4-3. Mayo even generates pressure now. Similar to the Browns on the inside, but much better. They are going to crush our interior. Meanwhile our D-line will look average to possibly above average against their O-line.

It will be interesting to see if cunningham throws in some interesting looks on the D line like they did last year.

Carlton is dribbling in the corner just thinking about the Pats.

I agree with Eddie. This will be a scary game to endure. The Pats have been really bringing heat out of that new defense.. On a completely different note... How come we never have any Delmas / Chung arguments on this board? He's been a very solid safety since his arrival. Obviously I love Delmas but he isn't the most complete player in the world..

Considering how this team has been totally de-pantsed in recent years by the Pats, I am only curious to see two things:

#1 Can our D-Line get pressure on Brady at all?
#2 Can Stafford move the ball effectively against the NE defense?

I don't expect o even see a competitive game, but I'd like to see improvement in those two areas against an elite team.

Let us not forget, the Giants beat the Pats in the Superbowl by being in Brady's face all damned day. The pressure the D-Line brings on Pretty Boy Brady will be a pretty good indication to me of what this team might be able to do, since I expect The Schwartz to use a similar scheme against NE.

stafford will move the ball. the real key is to see if we can run block vs their 34 defense.. fuck off haynesworth

I don't even think Haynesworth will be near the game. I think I read today his sexual assault trial is about to begin. He hasn't even really practiced with the team.

Back