Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Outback steakhouse

doneoett

They are giving away 1 million steak dinners. Go to outback.com and you will see the page to get your steak. 1 per household.

I rEmember when they were higher quality when they first started about 20-25 years ago

But i still go there occasionally

Thanks for info

michlady77 said:
I rEmember when they were higher quality when they first started about 20-25 years ago

Thanks for info

What I don't get is how they're still so popular. When they 1st opened, I remember people talking about the Bloomin' onion and then going to the place and finding out there's a 2 hour wait and having to plan for another day. The popularity was based on the novelty...so I thought it would wear off.

Now you can get in most of the time, but the Durham Outback still has a pretty full parking lot.

Red and Guilty said:
michlady77 said:

Thanks for info

What I don't get is how they're still so popular. When they 1st opened, I remember people talking about the Bloomin' onion and then going to the place and finding out there's a 2 hour wait and having to plan for another day. The popularity was based on the novelty...so I thought it would wear off.

Now you can get in most of the time, but the Durham Outback still has a pretty full parking lot.

If you go on a Friday or Saturday night in Ann Arbor - it's at least a 30 minute wait. It's pretty crazy, I also think part of it has to do with the fact that it's not open for lunch like a lot of places so people can ONLY go for dinner.

eh... their food isn't great, but it's not as bad as Applebee's, not that I'd spend money to eat at either place. also, Outback's CEO is a big donor to the GOP.

MichChamp02 said:
eh... their food isn't great, but it's not as bad as Applebee's, not that I'd spend money to eat at either place. also, Outback's CEO is a big donor to the GOP.

I like their steak seasoning a lot. I'd say outback is one of the better chain restaurants. It's just extremely unhealthy to eat there.

The site is blocked here at work, so I called the missus. They have one of the best gluten-free menus and my daughter needs it when we go out.

Hey Red, three words - Call ahead seating.

Or is it two? Call-ahead seating.

+1 for doneoett

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
The site is blocked here at work, so I called the missus. They have one of the best gluten-free menus and my daughter needs it when we go out.

+1 for doneoett

Or one word - reservation

theo said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

+1 for doneoett

I don't think they do them.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
theo said:

I think they specifically do call ahead seating now, but not reservations. The difference is, when you call, you put your name on the waiting list for the next table rather than reserve a specific later time. When they 1st opened, they didn't do either.

I think.

Red and Guilty said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:

I think they specifically do call ahead seating now, but not reservations. The difference is, when you call, you put your name on the waiting list for the next table rather than reserve a specific later time. When they 1st opened, they didn't do either.

I think.

Yep, we call once we're in the car and on the way. They ask when you will arrive and estimate where to fit you in. We gotten the stink eye a few times from those waiting before we arrived. :)

Casey's also has call ahead

Outback used to have better quality-as they sold off the company, corporate pushed quality down. I have seen that with a number of restsurants tgat over expand

Ann arbor has wait but man a lot of fat people there

Also foitball players are there sometimes as their meal card is accepted there

They must have hit the million already. My wife said all she could do was sign up for a $5 off coupon.

M_RABID said:
Thanks Don!

I am the perpetual tight ass, uh, er, I mean bargain hunter.

Here's the easy way for the rest of you:

http://www.outbackfreesteaks.com

1 karma point for this great deal. You are a tight ass
grin.png

Does no one else here just slip the hostess a 20 spot and skip the wait? I can get away with that for 10 bucks at Longhorn...

BluesVFX said:
Does no one else here just slip the hostess a 20 spot and skip the wait? I can get away with that for 10 bucks at Longhorn...

Heck no, I'd rather wait 20 minutes than pay an extra $20. That's like 3 hotdogs at a Michigan game lol.

Back