Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

#1 problem with lombardi's offense

dtroitlionsfan951

Did anyone else see that graphic that popped up against the packers that under Lombardi's scheme we were averaging like 12.5 yards per drop back? and under cooters it was 9.5. I'm talking about the distance stafford had to drop back in the passing plays. How the fuck were we dropping back almost 13 yards in a check down offense? That doesn't even make a little bit of sense? We barely passed it downfield under Joe and we were dropping back 13 yards on AVERAGE?..oh btw..#firecaldwell

Also Lombardi's offense requires a highly accurate QB, quick WRs, versatile RBs, and an athletic pass catching TE.

Basically the only player that fit into Lombardi's offense was Golden Tate and Theo Riddick. Other then that it was the wrong personal for the wrong game plan. That was all Mayhews mistake.

The biggest problem with his offense is he didn't have an offense....he just stole someone elses. We hired a qb coach with no coordinator experience to run an NFL caliber offense. Is anyone surprised it didn't work???

that's his account cause of the post count. did someone log into his account and post?

Yeah, username was Dubsco or something like that. I just banned the account before the imposter did anything worse than posting odd responses.

Long drop backs have killed us and right after the luck sack first Green Bay Fumble forward TD what did the Lions do? I long drop back on first down in which Matt was crushed and fumbled..Few plays later it was 20-14 and we all knew the story that was going to be wrote.

Back