Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

105.1 No longer Sports Radio - Off the Air after 3 years

tbone413

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/2016/06/29/detroit-sports-1051/86533048/

This is a bummer...I liked having two channels to listen to during my commute to/from work. I particularly liked listening to Sean/Mark/Maz in the morning, because Stoney and Bill are just unbearable...

It will be interesting to see how the station handles the Pistons games, since they have one year left on their contract. I wonder what would have happened if they had won the Bid for the Tigers/Red Wings rights (which I guess they were very close at accomplishing.)

I can't stand most everybody on 97.1. The only reason Valenti & Foster are popular is because Valenti is a huge dbag that people love to hate. Karsch & Anderson are boring homers, and Pat Caputo is the disgruntled old guy.

I personally liked Matt Dery the best on 105.1, but he went back to Cleveland I believe?

Back