Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

12 Team Playoff Coming in 2024-2025 ?

Something came over from Espn on my phone but I can?t find it now.

Also Rose Bowl is considering Penn St over Osu if the Buckeyes do not make the CFP. Because last season they failed to sell out their ticket allotment. Plus back to back seasons I think.

Last edited:
Also Rose Bowl is considering Penn St over Osu if the Buckeyes do not make the CFP. Because last season they failed to sell out their ticket allotment. Plus back to back seasons I think.

I am pretty sure it's because it will be the same 2 teams as last year's game.

Last edited:
As far as a 12 team playoff...I'm sure I will watch and pay attention because I enjoy college football. But I prefer fewer teams be involved in the playoff. The college basketball regular season is the worst of any major sport because of the end of year tournament.

Last edited:
IMO, Nothing has topped the legitimately of the Mythical National Champion. Even when there were two of them. Only in a few seasons IIRC were the selections suspect. 1997 NU included. This playoff system expanded is a simple $$$$ grab.

As far as a 12 team playoff...I'm sure I will watch and pay attention because I enjoy college football. But I prefer fewer teams be involved in the playoff. The college basketball regular season is the worst of any major sport because of the end of year tournament.

A lot of ppl will be switching to binge-watching Yellowstone at halftime of the first round games. And I speculate that *lesser* programs (TCU) will be shoved down the playoff rankings list to accommodate The Old Guard with one or two losses.

The Exact words was Osu didn?t sell their ticket allotment. But you could be right too.

The bowl season is already so diluted and diminished by the four-team playoff, it makes me wonder if entire teams will opt out when the 12-team format hits. Why would an 8-4 Notre Dame want to play a 9-3 Oregon State in The Depends You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl, In Waco, Texas?

Which should be the suffix for all the non-playoff bowls.

The Pfizer You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Volvo You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Apple You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Twitter You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl

See where I'm going with this? Well?

Last edited:
The bowl season is already so diluted and diminished by the four-team playoff, it makes me wonder if entire teams will opt out when the 12-team format hits. Why would an 8-4 Notre Dame want to play a 9-3 Oregon State in The Depends You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl, In Waco, Texas?

Which should be the suffix for all the non-playoff bowls.

The Pfizer You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Volvo You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Apple You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl
The Twitter You're Not In The College Playoff Bowl

See where I'm going with this? Well?

My first thought is that if the expanded playoff can kill the bloated bowl ecosystem off, it's a good thing overall.

But I also think bowls won't go away as long as someone can make
money on them, and someone will be able to make money off a game where the players aren't paid.

I don't think it costs that much to actually put on a bowl game. A lot of the costs of the infrastructure are borne by local taxpayers. And the talent gets a handful of trinkets to show up. Schools pay a coach a couple extra $100,000 as a "bonus"

Back