Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

.130 .200 .169 .369

That really is not all true in my opinion... DD has had some issues that is for sure and made some bad calls... But he has brought us out of the bottom... Jim needs to deliver... He needs to get the most out of his players and he is not. He made the right call last year and started platooning certain guys after the all-star game. We have to draft and develop a second baseman and fast..

He has brought the Tigers out of the bottom and has made some good moves. However, look at some of the guys on this team right now. Raburn shouldn't even be a platoon player, they don't have a 2B, their lead off batter doesn't get on base and both of the corner OFs suck. You are asking Leyland to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

He has brought the Tigers out of the bottom and has made some good moves. However, look at some of the guys on this team right now. Raburn shouldn't even be a platoon player, they don't have a 2B, their lead off batter doesn't get on base and both of the corner OFs suck. You are asking Leyland to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

What? :ashamed:

Yeah i guess i can buy that...Still there is enough talent to win. Benching RR or cutting would be a start.I have always had issues with how he has constructed to team for our park. a Manager can inspire players.. Gibson is a great Example. Jim does not in my opinion.. Where is the freaking fire... I guess in Victor heart.

Last edited:
Hey thumb... I posted on another thread. All last July after the all-star game RR was platooned. Also the first 2 games in August.. I got tired of looking...

You mean Raburns cold streak from March to August 2nd last year.. Then his so called hot streak got his average up to .256.. Man I am blown away by it..

Actually Raburn had an OPS+ of 109 in April and 120 in July last year.

So really, he was a good hitter last April and July.

You really should pick the book up and read it.

Yeah, that's usually how it works.

:cheers:

The only two people in the line up that I'm not worried about is Miggy and Prince. I hope AJ continues to play the way he has started the year. The rest of the lineup.....they have been garbage so far!

Actually Raburn had an OPS+ of 109 in April and 120 in July last year.

So really, he was a good hitter last April and July.

You really should pick the book up and read it.

Clap clap so i missed March and April....Did you miss May and June.... You need to take a closer gander at his brilliant July numbers.. .275/.327/.471/.798 with only 2 homer and 4 rbi's, and 8 runs in 18 games..14 of them starting..Because after the all-star game Jim finally platoon him like he should have. You see i did read the numbers... He sucks..He had only 6 hits from July 15 to July 31st..

Starting after the All-Star game from July 15 to July 31st 2011 Raburn started only 5 games... 4 were verses Left handed starters, and 1 was verses a RHP.. In addition Ryan had 7 Did not plays (DNP) All verses right handed starters. He also had 4 did not starts (DNS). 3 were defensive replacements, and one was a pinch hitter verses a LHP.. That equal's 16 games because they had july 18th off.. So yes Jim was already after the all star break deciding to platoon RR .. someone already mentioned September and October should i do August... heck maybe he did start alot verses RHP in august... But as of July 31st 2011 he was still at .219... He finishes at .256...

August 2nd... Verses RHP Colby Lewis... another DNS.
August 3rd verses Matt Harrison (LHP) he starts... ( his best game in weeks) And what do you know... It was a lefty!!!!!!!
August 4th 1/4 verses Ogando... RHP.
August 5th...rhp...DNP.
August 6th 1/3 verses a LHP.
August 7th 1/4 verses a LHP
August 8th PR 0/2 RHP started..
august 10th 1/4 RHP
August 11th 1/4 RHP.
august 12 DNP (LHP) Wilson Betemit does. 3/4.
August 13th 1/4 LHP
august 14 2/4 LHP//(lost game anyway).
August 15 1/5 LHP (lost game).
august 16th...DNP RHP.

I see a trend do you? it's called a platoon!!! They have books on the subject.

Last edited:
Give him credit..At least in July 2011 he was moving the line-up along.. Heck maybe he will tonight..

I didn't miss May or June.

You said he was bad from March-August last year.

I showed you he was a good hitter compared to the league in both April and July of last season.

So he wasn't bad for 4 straight months, he was good for a month, bad for two, and then good for 3.

July he was a non-factor ... You need to look closer at his numbers...last year was not like 2009 and 2010.. He has regressed..

Last edited:
If the resident meathead thinks I'm wrong, I must be on the right track.

Says the Tiger fan with a Jimrice user name. Nothing I said has anything to do with trolling... I post facts... You just live in your own head and think only your answers are right.. What the heck is your problem... You don't like a answer and you start calling people names.. Now that is a what a typical troll does..

Oh 8 men to the plate and who ends it...... K boy...

Last edited:
That really is not all true in my opinion... DD has had some issues that is for sure and made some bad calls... But he has brought us out of the bottom... Jim needs to deliver... He needs to get the most out of his players and he is not. He made the right call last year and started platooning certain guys after the all-star game. We have to draft and develop a second baseman and fast..

I like this site because people seem to be a little more passionate about the team here.

It seems like capt obvious here but a coach/manager cannot hit the ball for his players. Is Boesch, Raburn, Santiago, Kelly, & Delmon hitting to their talent levels? IDK To be honest none of them are worth a sh!t to me.

Yes they've all had their hot streaks to an extent but they are not starters on most contending clubs. Santiago/Kelly are just fine as utility players but thats what they are, they can't hit. Boesch/Raburn have been extremely Hot or Cold as hitters, thats the type of players they are. Is it ok to have that many streaky players in a lineup on a consistent basis? IDK.

Lets not just blindly say that Leyland should do this or that. Who the HELL is he going to play in place of these players. Oh thats right he doesn't have a quality substitute. Lets realize that even with Fielder/Cabby/Verlander this is not a 100 win team because the average talent on this team isn't all that great.

Back