Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

1st place!

beez

Here's to the Tigers turning it on and not looking back! Maybe we'll see some magic that lives on through the post season.... oh and this hurts to say it but, GO TRIBE!

It is nice being in first. I understand what you are say with the "Go Tribe". I live in the NE Ohio area and most of my friends here are Indians fans. It makes it very difficult to root for them after talking smack about them this year and every year.

One thing that is correct that Leyland has said constantly about monemtum and such,
is as good as todays pitcher.

I would feel much better about tonight if Porcello can turn his season, and definitely his last 6/7 starts around with a gem.
Cripes, iirc he is leading the league in hits allowed.

Last edited:
It's the Royals, I think Porcello will be fine. We just need to have an arm standing by and ready for when Rick runs out of gas and the sinker stops sinking.

But most of all, we need to try to score more then 2 goddamn runs, and certainly not go 8 innings without scoring at all.

We might even just consider IBB'ing Billy Butler every AB for the rest of the season.

I'm hoping the Rays can shut down that White Sox struggling line up with their top notch pitching..could close the door on them.

It's the Royals, I think Porcello will be fine. We just need to have an arm standing by and ready for when Rick runs out of gas and the sinker stops sinking.

But most of all, we need to try to score more then 2 goddamn runs, and certainly not go 8 innings without scoring at all.

We might even just consider IBB'ing Billy Butler every AB for the rest of the season.

THIS!! The freaking offense has been terrible! I think we need Miggy to have a huge game...he has been in a little slump. Even his ABs look bad over the past few games.

so how will Leyland blow it? Raburn hitting 2nd and playing LF, or Valverde pitching the 9th with a 8 run lead.

They shouldn't let Porcello pitch against a new batter after 75 pitches.

I wonder if other fan bases are as completely negative as Detroits.

I wonder if other fan bases are as completely negative as Detroits.

They are, at least from what I see at other teams message boards, that is, teams that are contending, lots of the same live and die pitch to pitch, at bat to at bat, inning to inning, this guy sucks, even allstar type gets ripped,
non-playoff teams fans have that feeling of making it through the year without setting any records of failure.

They are, at least from what I see at other teams message boards, that is, teams that are contending, lots of the same live and die pitch to pitch, at bat to at bat, inning to inning, this guy sucks, even allstar type gets ripped,
non-playoff teams fans have that feeling of making it through the year without setting any records of failure.

Always seems like at least in the public eye that other teams making a playoff push always have rallying fans while Detroits are ready for domms day. Lol

Always seems like at least in the public eye that other teams making a playoff push always have rallying fans while Detroits are ready for domms day. Lol

Yet, Comerica is packed and these other stadiums are mostly empty seats...

Back