Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

1st team grades

I thought that they looked good. Of course, they always look good pre season.

I always like to see Suh's intensity he is carving out a legacy for himself as a feared opponent.

A couple of notes from what little I did see of the 1st string.

1. O line seems a bit undersized, which makes them good at lateral movement in pass protection, however, gives them no push in the run game. This team seems built to pass... and the swing passes may be the only weapon that will work in the "run game" this year. I would like to see them get bigger stronger players for depth on the O line.

2. Linehan and company seem to have been working on a quicker paced offense which works in the favor of our O line as they seem to be more athletic as opposed to big beefy guys and can wear out a defensive front. It also keeps Stafford from taking hits as he gets the ball out quickly. It looked like they were a fine tuned machine.

A/A

And throw an A on there for Special Teams too. The 13 second Field Goal was nothing short of amazing. Schwartz talked about that the other day saying in practice they had it down to about 16 seconds, so to see them get out there and execute in 13 was awesome. Add that in with the Forced Fumble on the opening Kickoff and I was happy with what a saw. Having Ekajubiah (Sp?) back is going to make a difference for that unit. Him and Ashley Palmer are bangers.

Offense did what they were supposed to do. It's hard to say they were unbelivable because preseason defenses don't really put a week in scheming to stop us. The secondary doesn't really disguise their coverages... yadda yadda. But given those factors, they came out and moved the ball down the field and put 7 up. That's really where I'm happy, is they didn't have to kick Field Goals with the First Teamers out there. Job well done.

Defense was fine. You hate to see them give up the chunks on the ground that they did, but I'm looking more at how they played positionally than anything. Spievey looked WORLD'S better than last year, so looking forward to him with Delmas in the back this year. Houston and Wright played well, considering it was a rookie QB though, not sure how much stock we cna put into that. Bottom line, they only gave up 3 points.

A/A/A

Back