Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2000th Pujols RBI Baseball Owner Doesn?t Care About the Money

BREAKING: After sleeping on it, Ely Hydes does plan to give the ball up -- they've reached out to the Hall of Fame and Albert Pujols.
He wants no money.
Tony Paul Detnews

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...ball-albert-pujols-wants-no-money/1170962001/
Change of heart: Fan plans to give baseball to Albert Pujols; wants no money.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-2000-rbi-ball-detroit-tigers-fan/1171090001/
Detroit Tigers fan may give Albert Pujols' 2,000 RBI ball away after all.
Freep

Last edited:
I like Pujols attitude about it as well. But that ball can't be worth very much can it? It's not a record breaking ball or anything.

He looks to be in his late 20's or early 30's. Unless he has his house paid off, his daughter's college fund fully funded and his retirement set...I think this guy is an idiot for not taking the $50K

He looks to be in his late 20's or early 30's. Unless he has his house paid off, his daughter's college fund fully funded and his retirement set...I think this guy is an idiot for not taking the $50K

Who would offer the guy 50 K now that it cannot be verified that is the actual baseball anyway?

Who would offer the guy 50 K now that it cannot be verified that is the actual baseball anyway?

I thought there was some special schwee on these kind of baseballs. Something that only black light or Charlie's Soap can reveal.

I thought there was some special schwee on these kind of baseballs. Something that only black light or Charlie's Soap can reveal.

Don?t about 100 of these kinds of baseballs get into the hands of the game attending public every game?

Probably wouldn?t be too hard for someone to get their hands on any old one of them.

And the offer apparently came from just some anonymous Joe Blow Angel fan-although apparently he must be or one would think he?s a Joe Blow with an amount of money-not some institution or something.

Last edited:
Don?t about 100 of these kinds of baseballs get into the hands of the game attending public every game?

Probably wouldn?t be too hard for someone to get their hands on any old one of them.

And the offer apparently came from just some anonymous Joe Blow Angel fan-although apparently he must be or one would think he?s a Joe Blow with an amount of money-not some institution or something.

Well if he's scamming, I say his punishment is for him to get plunked in the ribs by Hansel Robles.

Back