Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2007 and 2011

grandy

Crazy

2007: The Lions started off 6-2, blowing out the Broncos 44-7 for their 6th win

Finished 1-7 in their final 8

2011: The Lions started off 6-2, blowing out the Broncos 45-10 for their 6th win

Finish ?-? in their final 8

same record but vastly different teams. We have more talent now and way better coaches.

in two weeks we're going to chicago. To me, this game is make or break for our playoff hopes. If we win, we'll be at 3-0 in the division with 2 divisional home games left and a season ending game in Green Bay (could be a winnable game if they've wrapped up home field adv).

it'd also put us at 7-2 with Carolina coming to town. should be 8-2 going into thanksgiving against the pack.

that's an interesting coincidence. but as wheels002 stated, these teams are vastly different.

Of course the teams are different, but the coincidence makes it fun and in good old Lions fashion gives you that "Fuck, here we go again" feeling. They will not go 1-7 this year in the second half. I think we see at least nine wins, but a .500 team for sure. I Tebowed on it and it shall be granted...

elrod said:
Of course the teams are different, but the coincidence makes it fun and in good old Lions fashion gives you that "Fuck, here we go again" feeling. They will not go 1-7 this year in the second half. I think we see at least nine wins, but a .500 team for sure. I Tebowed on it and it shall be granted...

Doesn't give me that feeling. We don't have two many players from that shitty team

Very scary and similar. Almost too scary.....

The schedule gets real tough now. Chicago, Carolina, Saints, Packers x2. It's gut check time for this team and they have to know it.

The 'Aints are a good team but f the Rams can beat them so can Detroit. The only game that "scares" me is the GB on the road. But that's week 17 so maybe GB is resting guys by then.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The 'Aints are a good team but f the Rams can beat them so can Detroit. The only game that "scares" me is the GB on the road. But that's week 17 so maybe GB is resting guys by then.

That's the only game that scares you? C'mon, Mitch. I know ANY team can beat another team on any given Sunday, but our Lions are in tough for the next 8 games. All the teams i have mentioned are playing good football right now except for the Chargers. It's gutcheck time for our boys in Honolulu Blue and Silver.

Sure we can lose. But its not like I'm marking then as losses. We're better than Chicago and Carolina. And GB on Thanksgiving is winnable. Might lose them all but I'm certainly not worried about losing. We have just as much chance to win. That's all I'm saying.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sure we can lose. But its not like I'm marking then as losses. We're better than Chicago and Carolina. And GB on Thanksgiving is winnable. Might lose them all but I'm certainly not worried about losing. We have just as much chance to win. That's all I'm saying.

I hear ya. Trust me, i'm not marking down WINS or LOSSES either, but we have to be serious about one thing and one thing only. I'll beat this like a dead horse. It is gut-check time for this team. And if i know it, the Lions triple know it. We're going to LEARN a whole hell of a lot about this team in the next 2 months...trust me.

tonyballs said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sure we can lose. But its not like I'm marking then as losses. We're better than Chicago and Carolina. And GB on Thanksgiving is winnable. Might lose them all but I'm certainly not worried about losing. We have just as much chance to win. That's all I'm saying.

I hear ya. Trust me, i'm not marking down WINS or LOSSES either, but we have to be serious about one thing and one thing only. I'll beat this like a dead horse. It is gut-check time for this team. And if i know it, the Lions triple know it. We're going to LEARN a whole hell of a lot about this team in the next 2 months...trust me.

you bet your ass it's gut check time for the detroit lions.....that's why this win was not only important......it was fucking CRUCIAL. (as well as the next game at chicago coming up.....)

just enough wins for a wildcard spot, were not beating GB for the division, so 3 wins minimum, probably 4

Fortunately for us there doesn't seem like those 2nd place teams are going to rack up wins. No one in the West will snag a WC and there are a few 4-3 and 3-4 teams. If we can beat Chicago and move them 3 out, really 4 with tiebreakers, it'd be that much easier.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Fortunately for us there doesn't seem like those 2nd place teams are going to rack up wins. No one in the West will snag a WC and there are a few 4-3 and 3-4 teams. If we can beat Chicago and move them 3 out, really 4 with tiebreakers, it'd be that much easier.

Philly's waking up......Atlanta doesn't have a real hard schedule outside of the 2 games with NO. At the midpoint were fighting Atl, Philly/NYG for the WC spot

Well between Philly and NY, most like one will be a division winner so there aren't many teams in the running for a WC IMO.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Well between Philly and NY, most like one will be a division winner so there aren't many teams in the running for a WC IMO.

only 2 spots and Atlanta has the tiebreaker......I could see Philly running off 5/6 wins in a row...It will take 10 wins min. for a WC spot

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
elrod said:

Doesn't give me that feeling. We don't have two many players from that shitty team

Doesn't really give me that feeling either Mitch, but I see/hear it a lot. This team is different...and better.

Back