Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2011 predictions

No word filter for the win :) . I went to County stadium once, summer of '84. Back end of a 10 stadium swing with a friend of mine. I actually liked County stadium and the openness in left field.

Lions 10-6
Pack 8-8 (I think they just got hot at the right time)
Vikes 8-8
Bears 6-10

We cant lose forever! right? I mean I hope not.

I just think everything fell into place for the pack at the right time. I mean they wouldn't even have gotten in if it wasn't for the Lions. And I really dont think the vikes can be counted out. Seems like they want to win now

axemillen said:

I just think everything fell into place for the pack at the right time. I mean they wouldn't even have gotten in if it wasn't for the Lions. And I really dont think the vikes can be counted out. Seems like they want to win now
it seemed like the opposite to me. we had more than a dozen players on IR (including a ton of starters) and STILL won the sb. to me it seems like a lot bad luck that we played through regardless.

if anything, the bears were the luckiest team. they wouldnt have won the division (or even been in the playoffs) had the megatron TD not been overturned in the first game of the season.

Spockmaster said:
axemillen said:

it seemed like the opposite to me. we had more than a dozen players on IR (including a ton of starters) and STILL won the sb. to me it seems like a lot bad luck that we played through regardless.

if anything, the bears were the luckiest team. they wouldnt have won the division (or even been in the playoffs) had the megatron TD not been overturned in the first game of the season.

I will say I have much respect for the Pack (much more than I do for the Bears). I just cant get over the fact that the only reason they even made the playoffs is because the Lions won. Good team? Yes. The dominant team everyone is making them out to be...imo no. Just my thoughts

I dont even wanna talk about the CJ catch lol

axemillen said:
Spockmaster said:

I will say I have much respect for the Pack (much more than I do for the Bears). I just cant get over the fact that the only reason they even made the playoffs is because the Lions won. Good team? Yes. The dominant team everyone is making them out to be...imo no. Just my thoughts

I dont even wanna talk about the CJ catch lol
they made the playoffs because because they won out at the end of the year after the pats game (id theyd lost any, theyd have been out). you can call it getting hot at the right time if you want, but they won 6 straight elimination games including the super bowl with a ton of players on IR. that takes both talent and guts.

i repsect the lions a lot too. its a shame millen apparently never did. i hate that guy.

Packers 12-4
Bears 9-7
Lions 8-8
Vikings b-a-d

Packers and lions both did better than I thought. Bears was about right untill jay and forte went down.

No team that was as injured as the packers starters were, have won more than 6 games. Packers was far from lucky last year

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The fact remains that they split games with the Lions (Stanton beat them; And only beat us by 2 points with a healthy Rodgers). I think we all can agree the Lions were not World-beaters last year.

GB would not have even made the playoffs had the Lions not knocked off TB. 8-10 wins for GB imo.

Yes a packers team with like 1/3 of the starters hurt, needed help to get into the playoffs.

I thought it'd be interesting to bump this now that there is only a couple weeks of regular season left.

We'll be 11-5 next week when the Pack rest all their key starters and we continue to play for the 5th seed.

Glad to see that I underestimated the amount of Lions' victories, and was correct about the team making the playoffs as a WC, but not so much the Packers, sheesh!!

Hoping for at least one playoff win or with a LOT of good fortune (any given Sunday) even two could possibly be achieved, but any more than that...i.e. Superbowl, is extremely unlikely. Not at all concerned that the Lions playoff games will be as the visiting team, given their road-warrior-like success this far into the season. Obviously IF the Lions win @ Lambeau vs the Packers on NYD next Sunday, they will have finished the regular season with a better away record than @ home.

The probable two teams that will have to travel to Green Bay for their games on January 15th and especially on the 22nd may, if not will be exposed to "somewhat" less than optimal football game-time temps, if not snow/freezing-rain/sleet and/or windy weather as well....although this early winter has been relatively mild so far in comparison, at least here in SE MI anyway. Dunno about Green Bay, but since it is located only a state and great lake away, it probably has also been an unusually milder winter there too, I suppose.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Yes a packers team with like 1/3 of the starters hurt, needed help to get into the playoffs.

With the way the fans of GB have been so annoying I wish Detroit would have just lost that TB game late in the season.

Back