Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2012 Detroit Lions!!!

johnny2x2x

I can't remember how the 2011 season ended, but I'm super stoked about 2012. Going to be a big year for the Lions.

Predictions:
We get a #1 corner in Free Agency
We get a safety in Free Agency
Spievey gets relegated to a reserve role
We draft O line in the 1st
We draft a pass rusher in the 2nd
Mike Leshoure is handling most of the load at RB by week 8
Javid Best plays all year, but is only a 3rd down back
Nick Fairley is a Pro Bowler (Ahead of Suh)
Calvin Johnson gains 2000 yards
Matthew Stafford is an MVP candidate

GO LIONS!!! This is just the beginning!!!

Thanks for a memorable 2011 Lions, you've come a long way and we are a serious team now.

SLICK said:
sunnydlitex123 said:
we lose more talent than we pick up and go 8-8

lose who ?
Tulloch will be re-signed. All I can see them losing is Avril. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Lions slap him with the tag and then trade him. Pass rushers have value, someone would bite.

You know when LArry Fitzgerald got that ridiculous contract before this season, I thought we should let Calvin go if he asks for that, not so sure any more. He might be the best player in the NFL, certainly the biggest weapon.

Pay Calvin anything he wants...we absolutely cannot afford to lose him.

johnny2x2x said:
You know when LArry Fitzgerald got that ridiculous contract before this season, I thought we should let Calvin go if he asks for that, not so sure any more. He might be the best player in the NFL, certainly the biggest weapon.

I don't think you can let him go and I don't think he wants to leave. Before the season we all knew Stafford had to have a big year and stay healthy. Both had HUGE years. Calvin is going to get paid no matter what. Does he really want to leave now that the team is turning it around?

Speaking of 2012...we will obviously have the Thanksgiving day game and I predict we will have 3 night games as well...between Sunday and Monday Night football.

Maybe give him an extension this off season. Calvin could put up Tecmo Bowl numbers next season. Last 4 games 771 yards and 6 TDs. He puts up 2000+ yards and 20+ TDs in 2012 and he'll demand the highest salary ever after that.

alot of people talked about momentum comming into this season. Welp, we finished the year 5-7 with 2 of the worst defensive performances of all time lol. We need a running game....hopefully leshoure can miraculously come back 100% We need a Dcord. We need a new safety and a #1 cb. We need about 3 different Olineman. We need a dominant DE. If we dont come back from 20 points down in about 4 games we could have easily been a 6-10 team this year....we really were this close to being a 6 win team lol. Were good, but we need a lot more to be able to contend in the playoffs....i didnt like our matchup against NO, GB or NYG this post season and thats just the NFC lol.

Hopefully the playoff birth gets us some much needed FAs because the draft wont help as much as it has been the last couple seasons.

I think they still are playing with positive momentum having made the playoffs and finally gotten that monkey off their back. Now they will be energized and focused on winning it all after having a taste and not capitalizing.

Much does depend on FAs and draft, but I think Mayhew gets it done. Still wish they'd grab Spags, but I don't doubt they stick with Gunther. They stick with the same OL every year, why would they change DCs???

Hope we get are secondary secured up in FA. BPA in first round(hopefully a tackle) and I would really like to see them go after Michael Brewster C from Ohio State in the second or third. Hes quick and mobile whos great in Pass protection. Big frame but needs to bulk up...not as good in the run game. At 6'5'' 295 he could put alot more muscle on and still be very good in the pass game. It was embarrasing watching Shaun Rogers push Riola on his back the other day.

Back