Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2012 Early Football Polls

It will all depend for both teams on if the players stepping in can step up.

I can see the media putting UM higher than they realistically should be in order to drum up the max level of excitement for Bama game. The beauty there will be when UM whoops their ass and the media is then forced to have them be #1 the rest of the year!!!!

Go Blue!!!

zyxt9 said:
I can see the media putting UM higher than they realistically should be in order to drum up the max level of excitement for Bama game. The beauty there will be when UM whoops their ass and the media is then forced to have them be #1 the rest of the year!!!!

Go Blue!!!

Yep, I could see that. Very possible!

MSU in the top ten is laughable with a new QB... I can see 10-20 but not top ten for either school.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]MSU in the top ten is laughable with a new QB... I can see 10-20 but not top ten for either school.

Everything I have read makes Maxwell out to almost be better than Cousins. I dont get it but we shall see. Always remember I believe we were ranked in the preseason before our 3-9 year. It's all perception

Cousins is the best qb ive ever seen at MSUck. But they return enough in other places to still get hype. Id be shocked if they werent top 10.

they lost Cousins, AND their top 4 receivers, I think: Cunningham, Nichol, Keyshawn Martin, and their TE, Linthicum.

good luck next year...

MichChamp02 said:
they lost Cousins, AND their top 4 receivers, I think: Cunningham, Nichol, Keyshawn Martin, and their TE, Linthicum.

good luck next year...

You are correct, champ, but they have more talented players waiting on the bench.

In Bo's years when RB will leave for the draft, we had a ton more taking their places. Good teams do that. But it ain't happening for MSUck. 6-6.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]In Bo's years when RB will leave for the draft, we had a ton more taking their places. Good teams do that. But it ain't happening for MSUck. 6-6.

They still have Bell and Caper. I see 9 or 10 wins from Sparty.

I see MSU at 6 wins at the low end and 10 wins at the high end.. Expecting a new QB to go in there and run the table is not going to happen... He will make plays and he will make mistakes. defense can win some games but not all of them...

I was referring more about the whole team rather than RB. New QB, lost top 4 receivers and their history says 6-6.

I hate that they have polls before the 3rd or 4th week into the season. Too many teams are over-hyped and then stay in the top 10 despite winning close games to bad competition. Other teams don't get the respect they deserve and have an unfair climb to the BCS. Just wait until they play a few game and then rank them.

Ron Swanson said:
I hate that they have polls before the 3rd or 4th week into the season. Too many teams are over-hyped and then stay in the top 10 despite winning close games to bad competition. Other teams don't get the respect they deserve and have an unfair climb to the BCS. Just wait until they play a few game and then rank them.

agreed. In fact, I think that if they do go with a 4 team playoff they should wait until week 6 (a couple games into conference season) to do any polls.

I agree it is like last year in basketball. We were not expected to do much so when we started winning it seemed to take forever for someone to notice. Where as MSU was top 5 to start the year and was ranked long after they shouldnt have been. Even after we beat them the 2nd time and had a better record we were a bubble team and they were a solid in.

Unfortunately MSU will not have a large dropoff in play I don't think. Why? Because we are now at a place where the talented guys who would have gone to UM but went to MSU because of DickRod are on the roster ready to step in.

It used to be that way at UM and will be again under Hoke. I think MSU will be solid for a few years until the ripple effect of DickRod finally returns to the natural order of things with UM having the talented guys rolling through on a yearly basis and MSU feeding on the scraps.

zyxt9 said:
Unfortunately MSU will not have a large dropoff in play I don't think. Why? Because we are now at a place where the talented guys who would have gone to UM but went to MSU because of DickRod are on the roster ready to step in.

It used to be that way at UM and will be again under Hoke. I think MSU will be solid for a few years until the ripple effect of DickRod finally returns to the natural order of things with UM having the talented guys rolling through on a yearly basis and MSU feeding on the scraps.

nothing you said makes any sense.

we just won 11 games mainly with RichRod's players.

Back