Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2013 Draft Class in Review

brewer229

It is said you should never grade a draft class until 3 years in. So we are at that mark for the 2013 class. So here is my review

1) Ansah - Guy turned into a beast of a DE. Seems to just be getting better and better. Absolutely a great pick. A+
2) Slay - Started off bad, really bad, but has turned into a very good corner. Right on the edge of the Elite I would say. By far the best CB on the Lions. Probably neck and neck with Desmond Trufant as the best CB to come out of the 2013 Draft. A+
3) Warford - Appeared to peak his first year. Been getting less and less impressive. Still a starter out of the 3rd round is good, but could he be replaced this year? B with possibility to go down
4) Taylor - Didn't do a lot the first couple years. Started to become a solid rotation guy in 2015. Continues to improve and hopefully keeps getting better. Getting this kind of production is great in the 4th round. B+
5) Martin - A punter with a big leg the picks the absolute worst times to have a bad punt. worried the kid can't handle pressure. 5th round is sort of high for a punter, but not unreasonable. Especially since he's panned out pretty solid. B+
6) Fuller - a 6th rounder that hasn't contributed, but still around. Based on where he was drafted and the fact there really wasn't many other players picked in that area that have amounted to much I'll go with a B
6B) Riddick - Guy really is coming into his own. Can be a dangerous weapon. Outstanding value. A+
7) Williams - Not much, Still in the league, so there is that I guess.
7B) Hepburn - Less than Williams, apparently is a practice squad guy for philly. C-

Without question I would have to say the most successful draft the Lions have had that I can remember. Not really a bad pick among them.

Best damn Leos draft I've seen in my lifetime.

Back