Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Draft- Who ya got?

I get it's not a like for like comparison, but I've been playing in a pretty competitive hoops league for a long time now. When we have a losing season, I honestly feel like it saps 10 years off my life. The games are intense, and when you know 5, 6 games in that you can't make the playoffs, it's such a draining experience the rest of the way.

I can only think that Calvin feels the same way. When you get into the halfway mark of your season and know you can't do the playoffs and have to continue to put your body out on the line and practice hard, it would drain you.

This isn't an issue of being mad at the organization. Being part of a losing franchise your entire life would crush your spirit. I get it's only conjecture, but his mind would be in a MUCH better state having been part of success, and I have a hard time believing he'd call it quits if he was playing for Green Bay, NE, Seattle, insert winning franchise here.

I get it's not a like for like comparison, but I've been playing in a pretty competitive hoops league for a long time now. When we have a losing season, I honestly feel like it saps 10 years off my life. The games are intense, and when you know 5, 6 games in that you can't make the playoffs, it's such a draining experience the rest of the way.

I can only think that Calvin feels the same way. When you get into the halfway mark of your season and know you can't do the playoffs and have to continue to put your body out on the line and practice hard, it would drain you.

This isn't an issue of being mad at the organization. Being part of a losing franchise your entire life would crush your spirit. I get it's only conjecture, but his mind would be in a MUCH better state having been part of success, and I have a hard time believing he'd call it quits if he was playing for Green Bay, NE, Seattle, insert winning franchise here.

Even if you use your argument as being true....you're only looking at one side of it. Had he been with a winning organization throughout his career....maybe he'd have retired two or three years ago??

You're talking about a guy who has never been the look at me, egocentric type of person or player. Never seemed to want or need attention. He's quiet and reserved. Multiple people have said he came out before the year even started and said he was going to retire. Also, it's been stated it in a few reports that I read that said he been thinking about retiring for a couple years now. What if he had won a Super Bowl three years ago? Maybe that would've been enough for him and he'd be out of the game already?

Maybe he played as long as he did BECAUSE he wanted another shot at winning a Super Bowl?

Last edited:
No doubt, I see both sides of it. Just my opinion. We've seen first-hand how much this organization saps the life out of players.

Whitehead will play the middle if Tulloch is cut/traded

I love the idea of Whitehead in the middle.......but we need to keep Tulloch around. There is too many ?'s surrounding Levy.

If we cut Tulloch......we may end up with Travis Lewis on the field again........and that's not a good thing unless it's special teams.

No doubt, I see both sides of it. Just my opinion. We've seen first-hand how much this organization saps the life out of players.

I get it....there's really no absolute right or wrong unless CJ does an interview and states exactly why he chose to hang 'em up.

LB Bruce Carter came in for a visit. Levy scares me.

Carter always seemed a lot like Ernie Sims to me.......athletic freak......$.02 head.

That said......if it keeps Travis Lewis off the field....sign him up!!

Carter always seemed a lot like Ernie Sims to me.......athletic freak......$.02 head.

That said......if it keeps Travis Lewis off the field....sign him up!!

Lewis got picked up by the Queens. How was this guy starting over Whitehead?

I wouldn't mind Tulloch, Whitehead, Van NOy to start the season. Have to see if Tullochs down year was due to coming off injury or if hes just plain old now. Have to see what we got in van noy at some point.

I hate the idea of Tulloch starting this year. Time to move on and acquire his replacement in the draft. I like Whitehead, but would still like to see us draft an early round lb. I'd honestly be okay with us drafting 2 linebackers this year, because I have zero confidence in Levy right now.

Did we ever hear why Van Noy hardly sniffed the field? Bad practices? Injuries?

Poor scheme fit, 3-4 olb not working out in a 4-3 defense. Imagine that

3-4??

Van Noy was projected as a 4-3 Will LB. I don't think it's a scheme fit issue more so than a talent issue. Hopefully he takes a Levy esque leap soon!

I found two sites that projected him as a 4-3 coverage LB with edge rush ability. He's 243 lbs with coverage skills......maybe he's a fit for both schemes but he certainly isn't just a 3-4 LB.

I'd honestly like to see him as a sub package rusher.

The other thread makes it sound like Levy could be back before the season starts. If that's the case, Tulloch becomes a expensive backup. Hope they know soon and then we can trade him near the draft.

Back