Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

KAWDUP

Anyone see that yet? Was going to the movies, and saw an inordinate number of "older" people (older than me even), going to see this movie.

As I understand it, having looked it up now, is this the conservative answer to Michael Moore?

Any truth in it or all propaganda? Does Obama make presidential decisions based on the beliefs of his anti-colonialist father?

I heard the director being interviewed on the radio by Geraldo Rivera. Don't really know much else about it other than that.

When your claim to fame includes Hook, The flinstones, and Casper.....welp....who the fuck cares what you think.

I dont believe its showing in Detroit yet....but Its certainly on the top of my list when it gets here

When your claim to fame includes Hook, The flinstones, and Casper.....welp....who the fuck cares what you think.

What?!?

Gerald Molen produced it. Ever hear of Schindler's List?

I would have expected that uninformed statement would apply to anything Moore did more than 2016 . . .

. . . but hey opinions are like ass holes right . . . ?

Any truth in it or all propaganda? Does Obama make presidential decisions based on the beliefs of his anti-colonialist father?

no, and the question itself is among the more blatant examples of the right-wing pandering to the racist elements of American culture in order to "get out the vote."

it's always amusing when true believers on the right, defending big business and collecting checks from their lobbyists to write & produce puff-pieces on its behalf whine that they need an answer to some of the pop-culture that undermines their legitimacy, like The Onion, Michael Moore films, etc. same thing as a school yard bully realizing he has an image problem, and feeling "victimized" because of it.

in the end though, most of the public (aside from the real partisan types on the right) don't buy it.

the right tried to be "funny" and take down the left in 2008... there's a reason you never heard about it though... it was freaking terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe its showing in Detroit yet....but Its certainly on the top of my list when it gets here

I don't think you need to continue to reinforce your ignorant views; they're pretty firmly set in stone.

Why not take the $12 you'd spend on a ticket and go hit a bucket of golf balls or something constructive like that?

no, and the question itself is among the more blatant examples of the right-wing pandering to the racist elements of American culture in order to "get out the vote."

This is a talking point that needs to be retired. Fewer white people are voting in presidential elections. It's a trend that will continue.

it's always amusing when true believers on the right, defending big business and collecting checks from their lobbyists to write & produce puff-pieces on its behalf whine that they need an answer to some of the pop-culture that undermines their legitimacy, like The Onion, Michael Moore films, etc. same thing as a school yard bully realizing he has an image problem, and feeling "victimized" because of it.

Have you seen the movie yet?

in the end though, most of the public (aside from the real partisan types on the right) don't buy it.

the right tried to be "funny" and take down the left in 2008... there's a reason you never heard about it though... it was freaking terrible.

I don't doubt the veracity of much of what you say. Not sure that the question posed about Obama's father has much to do with it, though. I get accused with regularity by people that knew my father as well as me, that I have many of his same values, and unfortunately also some of his flaws. I rail against it all the time at family gatherings.

I was interested in what people thought they actually knew about his father, and what if any influence it has on him today.

The same question should be asked of Romney, if that makes any difference to you.

. . . and why couldn't it be somewhat based on your own experiences? You find no value in analyzing actual reasonable questions just because of your own attitudes?

So what do you think of de Tocqueville's conclusions about the American Republic? I read it, and it is extemely interesting where he says our flaws are.

I read and review everything with an open mind. I analyze with my conservatism, but I rarely criticize something unless I experience it first-hand. Not the case with many posts around here.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the veracity of much of what you say. Not sure that the question posed about Obama's father has much to do with it, though. I get accused with regularity by people that knew my father as well as me, that I have many of his same values, and unfortunately also some of his flaws. I rail against it all the time at family gatherings.

I was interested in what people thought they actually knew about his father, and what if any influence it has on him today.

The same question should be asked of Romney, if that makes any difference to you.

despite what some people believe, Obama wasn't raised by his father, at an islamic terrorist training camp in Kenya.

from the record: B.O. was born in 1961 in Hawaii; his parents were separated within a few months, as his mother left for grad school in Washington, and his father left to attend grad school at Harvard. They eventually divorced in 1964 & his father returned to Kenya that same year.

not sure how effective it would be to instill an anti-colonialist hatred of the white man and his culture in a 3-year-old you weren't even living with full time... but maybe it's possible. Seems unlikely, but maybe. Perhaps his parents scheduled weekly anti-colonial policy phone calls, and Obama Sr. would phone Barack from ages 4-21 (Obama Sr. died in 1982) and get him up to speed on the latest in anti-colonial buzzwords and goings-on.

it could've happened.

so... I guess that's a legitimate question, KAWDUP. Sorry for implying it wasn't.

DO you think the moon could be made of cheese? Don't laugh at me or be sarcastic. I heard it was, and I legitimately would like to know.

despite what some people believe, Obama wasn't raised by his father, at an islamic terrorist training camp in Kenya.

from the record: B.O. was born in 1961 in Hawaii; his parents were separated within a few months, as his mother left for grad school in Washington, and his father left to attend grad school at Harvard. They eventually divorced in 1964 & his father returned to Kenya that same year.

not sure how effective it would be to instill an anti-colonialist hatred of the white man and his culture in a 3-year-old you weren't even living with full time... but maybe it's possible. Seems unlikely, but maybe. Perhaps his parents scheduled weekly anti-colonial policy phone calls, and Obama Sr. would phone Barack from ages 4-21 (Obama Sr. died in 1982) and get him up to speed on the latest in anti-colonial buzzwords and goings-on.

it could've happened.

so... I guess that's a legitimate question, KAWDUP. Sorry for implying it wasn't.

DO you think the moon could be made of cheese? Don't laugh at me or be sarcastic. I heard it was, and I legitimately would like to know.

Your sarcasm is stupid. Your father could die before you were ever born and still affect your life in very profound ways. Geez, get a clue.

Your sarcasm is stupid. Your father could die before you were ever born and still affect your life in very profound ways. Geez, get a clue.

define profound ways: certainly you are genetically 50% related. but that's the only thing I can see.

anti-colonial views are not genetically heritable though...

define profound ways: certainly you are genetically 50% related. but that's the only thing I can see.

anti-colonial views are not genetically heritable though...

No one who ever knew your father, or any of his writings, or any of his published political views could ever affect how you live your life?

Say your father (who wasn't with you after 3 years old) died while driving drunk and killing the family in the other car. You don't see the profound effect that might have on your own life and values?

On the other hand, what if your father died in one of the Middle East wars, a hero that gets the congressional medal, before you were 3. There is no possibility that this event whether you actually witnessed it or not would affect your life?

Is that profound enough for you? . . . or do I need to go on? Just Wow!!

C'mon Michchamp, hoping you are just not thinking it through thoroughly. It doesn't have to be based in heredity you know.

Isn't it much more scary to have candidates base their decisions on religion? I mean i'll take anti-colonialism over God telling Bush to invade Iraq.

Isn't it much more scary to have candidates base their decisions on religion? I mean i'll take anti-colonialism over God telling Bush to invade Iraq.

well, who knows what sort of scary repercussions anti-colonialism could have in practice?

I mean... I could see Obama trying to throw the French out of Indo-china, and issuing a trade embargo against the Dutch East Indies.

The prices of cloves and nutmeg would skyrocket!

well, who knows what sort of scary repercussions anti-colonialism could have in practice?

I mean... I could see obama trying to throw the french out of indo-china, and issuing a trade embargo against the dutch east indies.

The prices of cloves and nutmeg would skyrocket!

lol

. . . and of course you have Bush quoted somewhere as saying that God told him to invade Iraq, right? Weak argument.

Back