Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 MLB Draft Casey Mize # 1 Draft Pick

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Schedule (All Times ET)
Monday, June 4
Day 1
Round 1 through Round 2 Comp
Live on MLB Network and MLB.com
Preview show begins at 6 p.m. ET
Round 1 begins at 7 p.m. ET

Tuesday, June 5
Day 2
Rounds 3-10
Live on MLB.com
Preview show begins at 12:30 p.m. ET
Round 3 begins at 1 p.m.

Wednesday, June 6
Day 3
Rounds 11-40
Live on MLB.com
Round 11 begins at noon ET

Last edited:
I never watched a baseball draft before but I might turn it on early to see their 1st pick.

Everywhere I look on top prospects or mock drafts they all think Casey Mize as the guy. Had some arm injuries last year. I kind of like Alec Bohm, 3B - shit load of power & good eye. Probably not a good defender.

Last edited:
I'm seeing pretty much everywhere saying Mize is the best player in the draft. But then I'm seeing espn's mock going with Bart at 1. I will admit that I don't understand MLB's draft (slot money and pool) like other sorts (pick the best guy and give him his rookie contact), but why would we pass in the consensus best player?

I'm seeing pretty much everywhere saying Mize is the best player in the draft. But then I'm seeing espn's mock going with Bart at 1. I will admit that I don't understand MLB's draft (slot money and pool) like other sorts (pick the best guy and give him his rookie contact), but why would we pass in the consensus best player?

I've read that he is the safest but is he the guy that will be the best...most likely he won't be.

Back