Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 NBA Draft - Covid edition

Love the Hayes pick. He can be your primary ballhandler, he is a crafty scorer, and he has a lot of upside to still develop.

Stewart is worrying. He's a high motor guy who can score around the basket, but his shot outside the paint is suspect. His free throw shooting says he could get better, but if he ends up a defensive big who can't shoot, it's a wasted pick.

Love the Bey pick. A potential lockdown wing who can shoot is the player every team needs. Yeah, he doesn't have a super high ceiling, but his skillset seems like he'll have a high floor.

Overall, I like how this sets up the team going forward. The team is going to be bad leading up to a much better draft. But, they have a potential star in Hayes, a wildcard in Stewart, and a quality role player in Bey. There's no position they should feel locked into, but plenty of potential to develop.

Kennard gone. 3 1st round picks.

We are deeeeeep in the rebuild boys. Kind of nice that they're not pretending to contend. We might have an actual GM now.

Hayes plays defense. If he had gone to a contending team the Espn crew would be gushing all over him.

Does this mean that Wood is out in Detroit?

From Twitter . Can’t remember the guys name.

What job security? That's seven new #Pistons tonight with only Luke Kennard going out: Killian Hayes, Isaiah Stewart, Saddiq Bey, Saben Lee, Rodney McGruder, Trevor Ariza, Tony Bradley

Not all that happy we gave up a future 1st round pick in one of the deals. That makes zero sense since we will probably be in the lottery for the next 2 years at least.

Sadly looks like Klay Thompson may have tore his a Achilles on the other leg from his torn acl.

Not all that happy we gave up a future 1st round pick in one of the deals. That makes zero sense since we will probably be in the lottery for the next 2 years at least.

It's heavily protected. Like...locked air tight. We won't lose a lottery pick. People are shitting on Houston hard for it.

It's top-16 protected for the next four years, top-10 protected the following two years and then top-9 protected. After that, it becomes seconds.

Does this mean that Wood is out in Detroit?

From Twitter . Can?t remember the guys name.

What job security? That's seven new #Pistons tonight with only Luke Kennard going out: Killian Hayes, Isaiah Stewart, Saddiq Bey, Saben Lee, Rodney McGruder, Trevor Ariza, Tony Bradley

It's already been reported by a few that Ariza won't remain a Piston.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/detroit-pistons/yearly/cap/

Other than Blake Griffin, nobody is uncuttable. Derrick Rose could still fetch a small return with his contract and especially if he has another good first half and they manage his minutes.

I thought I saw on espn that this pick was traded to the wizards or do I have it backwards and he was traded to us? I was pumped when I saw we had him because he went to high school with my niece, plus I think he will be a pretty good player.
He came from college, Washington Huskies. The pick came from Houston.

Last edited:
I went to bed after their second pick. Found out they got another at #19.

I honestly have no idea how good any of these players are but 3 top 20 guys is a nice start.

I went to look up "draft grades" and this was the first article I read. :(

"The Detroit Pistons had a top-10 pick and that’s great news if you're a Pistons fan. It’s not great news when you look at the player Troy Weaver passed on. At No. 7 they picked the shifty, left-handed guard out of France, Killian Hayes. The better fit would have been 6-foot-6 guard Tyrese Haliburton, a great facilitator and passer who could end up being the best prospect in this draft class. Haliburton is ready to prove himself saying, “I just want to win Rookie of the Year. One of my biggest goals is proving I’m the best player in this draft.” This could end up being a Donovan Mitchell moment for the Pistons in a couple of years."

I went to bed after their second pick. Found out they got another at #19.

I honestly have no idea how good any of these players are but 3 top 20 guys is a nice start.

I went to look up "draft grades" and this was the first article I read. :(

"The Detroit Pistons had a top-10 pick and that?s great news if you're a Pistons fan. It?s not great news when you look at the player Troy Weaver passed on. At No. 7 they picked the shifty, left-handed guard out of France, Killian Hayes. The better fit would have been 6-foot-6 guard Tyrese Haliburton, a great facilitator and passer who could end up being the best prospect in this draft class. Haliburton is ready to prove himself saying, ?I just want to win Rookie of the Year. One of my biggest goals is proving I?m the best player in this draft.? This could end up being a Donovan Mitchell moment for the Pistons in a couple of years."
10 different sites/writers 10 different answers.

Maybe Haliburton is the steal of the draft. Maybe he'll be forgotten in a couple years like so many other lottery guards. I personally like Hayes better. Haliburton is more NBA ready, but Hayes strikes me as having the higher ceiling. We are in true rebuild mode now. Getting a guy like Hayes who takes a little while to blossom is probably better for us, as we want the team to really suck the next couple years.

And for what it's worth, O'Connor from the Ringer and Hollinger from the Athletic thought Hayes was a top 3 guy and the obvious best choice.

Last edited:
Back