Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Baseball Hall Of Fame Ballot 'No Candidate Voted In'

Last edited:
LOL...Curt Schilling. Another stab at the media. Gotta love it.

"I will not participate in the final year of voting. I am requesting to be removed from the ballot. I'll defer to the veterans committee and men whose opinions actually matter and who are in a position to actually judge a player," Schilling wrote. "I don't think I'm a hall of famer as I've often stated but if former players think I am then I'll accept that with honor."

Ridiculous that Sweet Lou isn?t in.

The writers don?t like him, either. I think it?s time to revamp the selection process. The objective data can tell the story now.

Ryne Sandberg: 9282 PA? .285/.344/.452/.795 114+
Lou Whitaker: 9967 PA ? .276/.363/.426/.789 117+

The writers don?t like him, either. I think it?s time to revamp the selection process. The objective data can tell the story now.

Ryne Sandberg: 9282 PA? .285/.344/.452/.795 114+
Lou Whitaker: 9967 PA ? .276/.363/.426/.789 117+

Some writer will bring up GG. Imo GG is worthless because we know offense figures into it even back then. Plus Alomar was getting them the last half of Lou's career. They will bring up the MVP Ryne won but in the end Al-NL sometimes its hard to compare.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2021/01/28/rapid-fire-32/
RAPID FIRE.
Totally Tigers

The off-season is a time when hires are made and potential rosters start to take shape. It?s a season of hope and often what happens behind the scenes is just as important as the changes we?ll be seeing on the field.
Today, Holly and Kurt address this week?s biggest event ? the annual Hall of Fame elections. A process that is often more notable for its controversies than the actual election itself.
We?ve got 5 questions. Our 2 bloggers have just 2 sentences each to state their opinions. As always, their answers aren?t shared until publication. Let?s see what they have to say?.

1. How do you feel about the process?

2. Do you believe the current voting process is working or not?

3. Should the BBWAA continue to be the voting force?

4. Are you surprised about the most recent results in which no member got in?

5. What was encouraging or upsetting about this latest vote?

1. How do you feel about the process?

2. Do you believe the current voting process is working or not?

3. Should the BBWAA continue to be the voting force?

4. Are you surprised about the most recent results in which no member got in?

5. What was encouraging or upsetting about this latest vote?

Ill take a shot at this.....

1. I hate it. I get the 5 year waiting period. But the almost unlimited chances to stay on the ballot are baffling. You are or you aren't. Two chances max IMO.

2. NO. Way too many "Hall of Good Players" getting in IMO.

3. No. 9-11 person panel voted on by the BBWAA that include both younger and older voters to get the best, most educated points of view on players and their impact on the sport.

4. No. I believe that should be more common.

5. Encouraging that they aren't just letting anyone in. Also, fuck Barry Bonds. He was a HOF before he took even 1 dose of steroids, but he chose to screw his own legacy. He should be off the ballot entirely.

Feel free to comment.....i love a good HOF discussion.

Ill take a shot at this.....

1. I hate it. I get the 5 year waiting period. But the almost unlimited chances to stay on the ballot are baffling. You are or you aren't. Two chances max IMO.

2. NO. Way too many "Hall of Good Players" getting in IMO.

3. No. 9-11 person panel voted on by the BBWAA that include both younger and older voters to get the best, most educated points of view on players and their impact on the sport.

4. No. I believe that should be more common.

5. Encouraging that they aren't just letting anyone in. Also, fuck Barry Bonds. He was a HOF before he took even 1 dose of steroids, but he chose to screw his own legacy. He should be off the ballot entirely.

Feel free to comment.....i love a good HOF discussion.

B: 100% truth about Barry.

Barry Bonds should have been a first ballot HOF. There are cheaters in the HOF already...why stop letting them in now?

2 wrongs don't make a right?

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying that since there are already people in the HOF that cheated in some way shape or form, they should let the people suspected of using PEDs in as well. There are already players in the HOF that used PEDs.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying that since there are already people in the HOF that cheated in some way shape or form, they should let the people suspected of using PEDs in as well. There are already players in the HOF that used PEDs.

Things change.

Back