Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 MLB Draft Tigers Picks: Draft Jackson Jobe 1.3.

I think drafting in baseball is the most difficult to get right. Each player takes so long to develop...especially the high school players.

I don't know which Vandy pitcher is going to be the better pro, but I hope the Tigers take one of them #3 because they are likely so much closer to being major league ready. My guess is the HS shortstops are all 4-5 years away??

I think drafting in baseball is the most difficult to get right. Each player takes so long to develop...especially the high school players.

I don't know which Vandy pitcher is going to be the better pro, but I hope the Tigers take one of them #3 because they are likely so much closer to being major league ready. My guess is the HS shortstops are all 4-5 years away??

At least the draft went up a bit to 20 rounds this season, imo perfect. There are some good SS taking another bat wouldn't be bad. I'd prefer I college guy but we could use a SS. Though I don't really know any of those HS players.

At least the draft went up a bit to 20 rounds this season, imo perfect. There are some good SS taking another bat wouldn't be bad. I'd prefer I college guy but we could use a SS. Though I don't really know any of those HS players.

I guess three are two really good HS SS...Mayer and Lawlar. From what I read, the best college bat is Henry Davis, a catcher from Louisville. It looks like Dillon Dingler has been better than expected...maybe the catcher of the future?? However, he did play CF as a freshman so he could be versatile. The scouting on Davis says he is also athletic enough to play in the OF or 3B.

I prefer they take a college guy too. One of the pitchers or Davis would make me happy.

2021 Prep RHP Ranks:
1. Jackson Jobe
2. Bubba Chandler
3. Chase Petty
4. Andrew Painter
5. Peter Heubeck
6. Ben Kudrna
7. Jackson Baumeister
8. Eric Hammond
9. Caedmon Parker
10. Alec Willis
11. Micah Ottenbreit