Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NBA Draft

everyoneneedsasmil

Pistons select Jaden Ivey with the fifth pick. This seems like a coup, as Jaden is widely considered the 4th best prospect (and a full tier ahead of the Keegan Murrays and Shaedon Sharpe's out there).

There seems to be a trade also, where Detroit lands Jalen Duren at 13 for some form of cap relief. It would be nice if details were more really available. I suppose we will see. Duren isn't exactly a modern NBA big, but he's super young and has a ton of potential.

Pistons select Jaden Ivey with the fifth pick. This seems like a coup, as Jaden is widely considered the 4th best prospect (and a full tier ahead of the Keegan Murrays and Shaedon Sharpe's out there).

There seems to be a trade also, where Detroit lands Jalen Duren at 13 for some form of cap relief. It would be nice if details were more really available. I suppose we will see. Duren isn't exactly a modern NBA big, but he's super young and has a ton of potential.

I heard Duren is a good defensive player. We gave away the pick we got from Milwaukee, 2025 first. And we got Kimba Walker in that deal.

I heard Duren is a good defensive player. We gave away the pick we got from Milwaukee, 2025 first. And we got Kimba Walker in that deal.

Walker will be bought out.

The Ivey get is HUGE. Ivey, Cade, Bey (who needs to shoot it better in 2022-2023) is a good young core.

If it's the Milwaukee pick, this is great. That's never going to be a high (or even lottery) pick, and it saves us trading our own pick for Stepien reasons (inability to trade picks in consecutive years).

Getting Kemba is fine. We are looking to buy him out already, and his contract doesn't even stop us from being able to offer a max in free agency (to be clear, I don't support offering a max at this time, but the ability to do so still has leverage).

As for Duren, I'm admittedly lukewarm. He could be a bigger Bam Adebayo, in which case it's an incredible pick. On the other hand, he might be another Andre Drummond, shooting for the next Dwight Howard (who wouldn't be nearly as good in the modern NBA). He's so young, he could be anything. I suppose it doesn't hurt to shoot for upside (he also replaces pretty much everything Bagley brings to the table), so I'm still positive unless further details imply we gave up too much.

Last edited:
Hardy kid looks decent, and he was from Detroit.

Last edited:
1-18 in both 2023 and 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026, 1-9 in 2027

That's the pick we gave to the Knicks I believe. Heavily protected.

Some info I found:

The Pistons also struck gold in 6-foot-11 center Jalen Duren in a three-way trade involving the 13th overall draft pick. Duren was the No. 1 player coming out of high school before reclassifying and committing a year early to play for Penny Hardaway in Memphis. Duren has an NBA-ready body and is a fantastic passer, especially when the defense crashes.

Detroit Pistons reportedly sign Syracuse's Buddy Boeheim to 2-way contract after NBA draft.

Buddy Boeheim led the ACC in scoring with 19.2 points per game last season while shooting 40.6% from the field. The 6-foot-6, 205-pounder knocked down 34.1% of his 3-pointers and also shot 88.4% from the free throw line.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that's the pick we traded to Houston so we could get Stewart. Houston traded it to OKC in a package for Alperun Sengun. And then OKC traded it to NY in a package to land Ousmane Dieng. Ultimately, the only first we traded last night was the Milwaukee pick.

I really like both picks. Duren certainly isn't in the mold of today's big man but he is very athletic and only 18. I wish they could have added someone that can shoot the 3. As the team is now...they may be the worst three point shooting team in the NBA...with a coach that preaches "shoot the 3"

I really like both picks. Duren certainly isn't in the mold of today's big man but he is very athletic and only 18. I wish they could have added someone that can shoot the 3. As the team is now...they may be the worst three point shooting team in the NBA...with a coach that preaches "shoot the 3"

I love their 2nd round pick too. Just a little bit of a project, but 42% from international 3, and has the potential to be lite.

Gabriel Procida predraft analysis:
April 29, 2021: (Intriguing long-term prospects) -- Out of all the prospects I evaluated, Procida is the prospect I'd feel most comfortable stamping as a sleeper with a real chance to play in the NBA and outplay his projected draft slot -- whether he targets the 2021 draft or not. At almost 6-foot-8 with wide shoulders, a sweet shooting stroke and excellent fluidity, Procida has the ingredients to eventually carve out a role at the highest level if he can continue to improve as a ball handler, decision-maker and defender.

Watching him warm up in Brescia, Italy, for about an hour, it didn't take long to realize that he is one of the best shooters in this draft class, with the ability to knock down shots on the move and finish above the rim in space. On the season, the 18-year-old Italian player is shooting 42% from 3 on 81 attempts in his first full season at the first division level, shooting the ball with confidence, even sprinting off screens or rising into pull-ups.

My Blazers traded a similar protected future to Chicago. Probably with that is it handicaps you on future deals. We can?t offer teams multiple future picks until the protected is used. May hurt your chances in a S&T for Ayton.

I love their 2nd round pick too. Just a little bit of a project, but 42% from international 3, and has the potential to be lite.

Gabriel Procida predraft analysis:
April 29, 2021: (Intriguing long-term prospects) -- Out of all the prospects I evaluated, Procida is the prospect I'd feel most comfortable stamping as a sleeper with a real chance to play in the NBA and outplay his projected draft slot -- whether he targets the 2021 draft or not. At almost 6-foot-8 with wide shoulders, a sweet shooting stroke and excellent fluidity, Procida has the ingredients to eventually carve out a role at the highest level if he can continue to improve as a ball handler, decision-maker and defender.

Watching him warm up in Brescia, Italy, for about an hour, it didn't take long to realize that he is one of the best shooters in this draft class, with the ability to knock down shots on the move and finish above the rim in space. On the season, the 18-year-old Italian player is shooting 42% from 3 on 81 attempts in his first full season at the first division level, shooting the ball with confidence, even sprinting off screens or rising into pull-ups

Hitting on a 2nd rounder in the NBA draft is like hitting on a 6th or 7th rounder in the NFL draft. If we can get anything out of him, it's a win. If he can actually carve out a significant role on the team its a big W for the scouting department/GM.

My Blazers traded a similar protected future to Chicago. Probably with that is it handicaps you on future deals. We can?t offer teams multiple future picks until the protected is used. May hurt your chances in a S&T for Ayton.

after they drafted Jalen Duren, I doubt they have any interest in Aton. Duren is basically the same type of player. Hopefully they use the cap space on a wing that can shoot the 3.

after they drafted Jalen Duren, I doubt they have any interest in Aton. Duren is basically the same type of player. Hopefully they use the cap space on a wing that can shoot the 3.

This! I love the core of Cade, Ivey and Bey....super athletic but im not sure we have anyone on the floor that makes you pay once Cade or Ivey drives and looks to kick out. Bey hopefully becomes that guy more consistently and we may have something special.

Khris Middleton redefined his career once he got open shots from Giannis. We need someone to step up and knock those down. Ivey wont be it...not out of the gates. Bagley...not so much. We'll need to sign someone or Bey will need to step up.

Last edited:

I'm actually happy about that. We need more traditional / old time big man.

Agreed, hopefully Duren can become a $20mil cheaper version of Ayton. I think hes actually more athletic. He will need to develop his post game a bit to match Aytons...could happen.

Back