Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFC North Evaluation

detroit1811

Why not have a look at where things stand with the other three teams in this division heading into 2022.

Packers -37mil cap space

Vikings -11mil cap space

Bears 43mil cap space

The Packers are in very bad shape cap wise. They also have a couple big name free agents as well as some role players. Davante Adams is a FA, as well as DeVondre Campbell, MVS, Kevin King, and Robert Tonyan. They can create about 20mil in cap space by trading Aaron Rodgers. They can also create another 16mil by releasing their best pass rusher in Zadarious Smith. Guys like Preston Smith and Randall Cobb are also likely to be released giving them a little under 20mil in space to be able to retain a couple free agents and sign their draft class. They obviously can kick the can down the road with more restructures, but if they trade Rodgers my guess is they won?t go that route. Tough to see the Packers being a very good team in 2022, IMO.

The Vikings are also in bad shape. Danielle Hunter was rumored to want out of Minnesotta and they can save 19mil by getting rid of him. There are also a few guys who may restructure and I could see them kicking the can down the road if they keep Zimmer. My guess with Zimmer likely to stay and Kirk Cousins on his last year they try to make one final run with Rodgers likely not in the division anymore. They are the early favorites in my mind, but will likely be a one year flash in the pan as the cap issues will likely catch up with them and they may be in need of a QB.

The Bears are in excellent shape cap wise. They could also be a sneaky good team in 2022 IF Justin Fields can take a step forward. They have some building blocks on defense Eddie Jackson, Jaylon Johnson, Mack, and Roquan Smith. Montgomery is also turning into a solid running back They need a lot of help on offense though as they can use new WR?s, a better TE, and a complete makeover on their O-Line. They also lack a first round draft pick. Still with that cap space and a solid defense they can be a decent team of Justin Fields takes a big step in year 2.

Overall I think the two weakest teams in the division have the best chance to improve considerably in 2022. If Rodgers does indeed move on I think this division is completely up for grabs and wouldn?t be surprised if any of the four teams comes out on top

Theres a report out today that Matt Nagy has been told he will not be retained as coach of the Bears.

Feeling is Minnestoa might do the same. Aaron Rodgers is one crazy dude to want to leave this division lol.

Lions are in good shape with salary cap and draft capitol. Not sure how much i trust that will help.

Holmes first draft class grades:

Sewell A..maybe an A+ even

Levi D. Terrible.

McNeil F. Worse than terrible.

Ife D

St Brown A. Great value. Good production for a rookie.

Barnes D. Depth..not quality depth...just depth. PS we traded up for that....yippie.

Jefferson C We had a plethora of RB injuries/Covid and Jefferson still never made an impact. undrafted guys like Reynolds and Igwebuke saw more carries. He might not make the roster next year. C only cause that kinds of what you expect from a 7th rounder.

Also wasted picks for Trinity Benson that rarely dressed.

Last edited:
GB went from Favre to Rogers. Love is probably a hall of famer.

Rodgers is only missing 4 olineman, slot wr, starting te and is playing on a broken toe. Proof the injury excuse is garbage.

Lol. His oline holds and is playing well..toe not hand or back injury

His defense and run game is really good

He has Adams who can carry a passing game

Once again Rodgers gets its all. Hope he tears his acl or achilles or breaks his back

Lol. His oline holds and is playing well..toe not hand or back injury

His defense and run game is really good

He has Adams who can carry a passing game

Once again Rodgers gets its all. Hope he tears his acl or achilles or breaks his back

nice

Well I hope Green bay fails in the playoffs but ti wish injury on a player is not right.

Last edited:
Well I hope Green bay fails in the playoffs but ti wish injury on a player is not right.

Yea I agree. Rodgers has been a paint in our ass for a long time, but injuries suck for anyone.

I do hope he gets the hell out of Green Bay though because I am tired of playing against him twice a year. Green Bay deserves a couple seasons and mediorcre QB play.

Unvaccinated ass. He deserves an injury

Handful of guys in league that deserve it

Tyreek Hill is another

Last edited:
I guess if AR leaves GB, which I am starting to doubt happens, my guess is the NFC North could be the worst division in football next year.

This year's ranks based on point differential
NFC West +262 (by far the best)
AFC East +127
AFC West +79
AFC North +2
NFC East -26
NFC South -59
NFC North -160
AFC South -225

Last edited:
I guess if AR leaves GB, which I am starting to doubt happens, my guess is the NFC North could be the worst division in football next year.

This year's ranks based on point differential
NFC West +262 (by far the best)
AFC East +127
AFC West +79
AFC North +2
NFC East -26
NFC South -59
NFC North -160
AFC South -225

Theyll be the worst cause they have the Lions, Bears and Vikings in it....GBs PD wont be able to carry the division next year.

Last edited:
Colts DC Eberflus to be Bears new HC. Kinda surprising not to get an offensive guy for Fields. Eberflus will have to get a solid coordinator...and im not sure if theres that kind of guy out there if youre thrown into starting your own coaching tree. Good luck....lol.

Last edited:
Colts DC Eberflus to be Bears new HC. Kinda surprising not to get an offensive guy for Fields. Eberflus will have to get a solid coordinator...and im not sure if theres that kind of guy out there if youre thrown into starting your own coaching tree. Good luck....lol.

So far I?ve been prefect hahahaah happy with the hires bears and Vikings have made, terrible this far, let them be the jokes for a few decades now.

Now just need to get Rodgers out of Green Bay and lions have a real shot at winning Div next year IMO

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-nathaniel-hackett-new-head-coach-sources-say

Denver would be a good spot for Rodgers

Last edited:
I know nothing has been announced, but assuming we aren?t going outside for an OC. I have not heard one single interview and I?m guessing they would want a new guy here for the Senior Bowl.

Ben Johnson took over passing second half of season
He could be oc but campbell might still call plays

Ben Johnson took over passing second half of season
He could be oc but campbell might still call plays

That is what I would expect honestly, them not holding any interviews yet seems to confirm that at this point.

DaBoll to giants.

Vikings, raiders, Miami, NO, Hou and jags left.

Flores, kellen Moore, mccown, bienemy, Leslie Frazier, Glenn have been the hot names.

Dennis Allen promoted to saints HC rumor. Harbaugh to raiders or vikings rumors potentially to leverage for more money. McDaniels to raiders rumor. Jags to hire Leftwich rumor... but then not to hire Leftwich rumor lol... sounds about right.

Jerry Jones confirms quinn will stay as Dallas DC and not take a HC job.

Edit... forgot all about Houston. Easy to do...

Last edited:
Back