Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Predictions

tomdalton22

This is the first year in a while that I am fairly optimistic about the Tigers. While I don't think they will compete for the division, I do think if everything goes right, they can compete for a wild card.

I think Skubal & Mize both have good seasons. I think both have sub 4.00 ERAs with Skubal leading the team in wins and K's. Rodriguez pitches to his career averages but is a solid starter. For some reason I have no faith in Manning. I think he's going to be bad.

Offensively, I think they will be decent. Baez, Meadows, Tork, Groosman, and Schoop will all hit 20+ HRs. Haase may as well if he gets enough ABs. I think having Barnhart behind the plate will help the defense and pitching but they are losing a lot of offense compared to the offensive production the Tigers got out of the catcher position last year.

Defensively they will be better but still below league average. Replacing Miggy with Tork, moving Schoop to 2B, and having Baez at SS will help a lot.

Record 82-80

84-78

If the team can stay reasonably lucky on injuries perhaps they could do better...so much depends on the young rotation continuing to develop.

Exciting spot that we haven't been for quite some time. I'm optimistic with how they played last year and what they added this season. If injuries are at a minimum I'm going with 88-74.

I have a feeling we're gonna get a little more out of Miggy if we keep in contention. He seems to have a bounce in his step being around these kids.

I dont feel like we have any 35 homer guys, but man we have a lot of guys that could be 20+. My bold prediction is that we have 20+ homers from every position(as a team).

80-82

Think they?ll flirt with the playoffs but just miss it. Will be interested to see how the young pitchers develop and perform, I see them being the biggest factor this season.

IMO as I have watched this season turn to dust.
As long as this mismanagement are in charge, not much hope of competing for a division title imo. This outfit got as much chance of leading a one car parade in the right direction as the clowns running the circus. O maybe the clowns are driving the car?

This is the first year in a while that I am fairly optimistic about the Tigers. While I don't think they will compete for the division, I do think if everything goes right, they can compete for a wild card.

I think Skubal & Mize both have good seasons. I think both have sub 4.00 ERAs with Skubal leading the team in wins and K's. Rodriguez pitches to his career averages but is a solid starter. For some reason I have no faith in Manning. I think he's going to be bad.

Offensively, I think they will be decent. Baez, Meadows, Tork, Groosman, and Schoop will all hit 20+ HRs. Haase may as well if he gets enough ABs. I think having Barnhart behind the plate will help the defense and pitching but they are losing a lot of offense compared to the offensive production the Tigers got out of the catcher position last year.

Defensively they will be better but still below league average. Replacing Miggy with Tork, moving Schoop to 2B, and having Baez at SS will help a lot.

Record 82-80

I must have been drunk! :cheers:

so, the Tigers finished with the 6th worst record in MLB. I wonder where that will rank among the 4 professional sports teams.

My guess is they will be the worst of the 4

1 Pistons
2 Lions
3 Wings
4 Tigers

so, the Tigers finished with the 6th worst record in MLB. I wonder where that will rank among the 4 professional sports teams.

My guess is they will be the worst of the 4

1 Pistons
2 Lions
3 Wings
4 Tigers

Lions 2nd? Lol.

Lions 2nd? Lol.

I know...but someone has to be second. I just think that the Lions will win some games this year. I think the Pistons will be the team that improves the most. I don't know much about hockey but it seems like the Wings are pretty bad.

Back