Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft Weekend Thread

Just because another team would take him at 19 doesn't mean it wasn't a reach. Multiple teams thought about drafting Tebow in the first round. Still a big reach.

It proves one team valued him the same as the Lions. You can't say either way really. Would have to see where every team had Gibbs and Campbell ranked. It seemed a few we know at least had them in the range the Lions took them.

The analysts are typically way off from the GMs with their rankings. Just because the media calls it a reach doesn't make it a reach. The GMs decide that.

It proves one team valued him the same as the Lions. You can't say either way really. Would have to see where every team had Gibbs and Campbell ranked. It seemed a few we know at least had them in the range the Lions took them.

The analysts are typically way off from the GMs with their rankings. Just because the media calls it a reach doesn't make it a reach. The GMs decide that.

actually, they didn't value him the same as the Lions. I watched the video, and TB was elated that the Lions took Campbell so they could get the guy that they wanted, which was Kancey.

actually, they didn't value him the same as the Lions. I watched the video, and TB was elated that the Lions took Campbell so they could get the guy that they wanted, which was Kancey.

They said they would have taken Cambpell though. Kancey was higher for them but Campbell was their number 2 at 19. Lions took Campbell at 18 so not a reach

They said they would have taken Cambpell though. Kancey was higher for them but Campbell was their number 2 at 19. Lions took Campbell at 18 so not a reach
At this point it doesn't matter if he was a reach he's a Lion now so hopefully he performs. But he was a reach.

so there were 2 dumb teams ;)

Who knows...only time will tell if their first 2 picks were good or not. Personally, I wouldn't have picked either that high, but what do I know.

apologies if this has been mentioned...

With the selection of Bryce Young in the 2023 draft, Alabama sets a new record with a player selected in the first round for 15 straight years - the longest streak of first-round draft picks in NFL history.

Must be nice. I bet Michigan State has gone 15 straight years WITHOUT a first round pick multiple times in my life.

so there were 2 dumb teams ;)

Who knows...only time will tell if their first 2 picks were good or not. Personally, I wouldn't have picked either that high, but what do I know.

Saw something today that said the lions only had 1st round grades on 14 players and they drafted 4 of them. Gibbs, Campbell, Branch and LaPorta.

Saw something today that said the lions only had 1st round grades on 14 players and they drafted 4 of them. Gibbs, Campbell, Branch and LaPorta.

We'll see if they were right starting Sept. 7th......which is exactly 100 days from today.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.......

Back