Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 trade deadline

gotime909

So it appears that Harris is going the AA route of waiting til the last possible minute to deal guys that are definitely being traded. Not a fan of waiting like this. I get that there's a small chance that you can get overvalue, but it rarely works out that way. Just get solid value now and not risk getting half price at the last minute.

So it appears that Harris is going the AA route of waiting til the last possible minute to deal guys that are definitely being traded. Not a fan of waiting like this. I get that there's a small chance that you can get overvalue, but it rarely works out that way. Just get solid value now and not risk getting half price at the last minute.
Lots of trades happening. Wait much longer and there won't be available teams to trade with..

It?s not just Harris. Nothing was happening until the Angels pulled Ohtani off the market. No team wanted to make a move in case they had a shot at him. Would have been dumb to move prospect if there was a shot at S.O.

It?s probably less to do with Harris and more to do with Ohtani. Moves are starting now. Hoping he makes a move Monday.

Last edited:
Texas traded a 21 year SS Luisangel Acuna. Not sure which P it was for but I would have liked getting him.. He could play next season..

I'm not sure that the rental guys that the Tigers have to offer are worth any top prospects.

Back end top 100 is best case. I'd like them to target guys blocked at positions on their current mlb team but are more major league ready. Basically guys that can make the team next spring.

Keep seeing that the braves/tigers might do another deal. Vaughn Grissom would be a perfect return. Can play 2nd right now and was Riley's HS teammate.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...errin/70500339007/?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot
'Days of Roar' Tigers Podcast: What to expect from Detroit Tigers at MLB trade deadline. 61 minutes. Posting here at about 4:00 pm was on the freep at 3:00 pm.
Freep

On this episode: On today's pod, Mark & Evan talk the Detroit Tigers struggles last week, Miguel Cabrera's farewell to the Miami Marlins and the looming MLB trade deadline. Later in the show, the guys are joined by Mike Ferrin, co-host of "Power Alley" on MLB Network Radio, for additional trade deadline analysis. The trio go over the state of the Tigers rebuild, which prospects stand out and why E-Rod's opt-out clause may be complicating his trade value.

I have feeling we don't do jack shet.

Rodriguez and Lorenzen are for sure gone. It's just a matter of what Harris can get. Based on the amount of teams looking and the limited pitchers available he's got the upper hand.

Back