Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Election

Meatball Ron continues to slide in the polls.

My man Trump is soaring. Mid 50's polling avg. versus DeSantis in the teens.

It doesn't help that every time someone asks Ron a question he doesn't like, he flips out and makes all sorts of bizarre facial ticks and gestures. Politics 101... appear relatable to voters, or at least appear to be a human being that doesn't suffer from Tourette's syndrome.

...and the hits keep coming. Joe Biden's approval rating is the second lowest of any president at this stage in their administration - only Jimmy Carter had a lower approval rating.

The weird thing is, polls are indicating the economy is the top concern for Americans and Joe Biden has given us the strongest economy every. How how do you reconcile that? If the economy is Americans' biggest concern, Biden should be killing it in the polls. Poor Joe, looks like he's a victim of his own success. He should probably be promoting his record on the economy more aggressively because so far J2x seems to be the only person getting the message.

Once student loan payments restart in October, Biden's poll numbers are going to sink even further. I think the DNC establishment is going to start abandoning ship and he'll get primaried.

I don't see him conceding though; he's such an old crank, I see him going down fighting.

Once student loan payments restart in October, Biden's poll numbers are going to sink even further. I think the DNC establishment is going to start abandoning ship and he'll get primaried.

I don't see him conceding though; he's such an old crank, I see him going down fighting.

It's pretty hilarious that people are going to crap all over Biden for not relieving them of what is obviously their responsibility. They're going to crush him in the polls because he didn't let them out of their commitment to repay money they borrowed. Of course, he has no one to blame but himself for it.

Last edited:
Freedom loving patriotic Ohioans roundly rejected the America Hating Trump Party?s power grab there tonight. Good Americans are fed up with the fascist GOP and are going to bury them at the ballot box next year.

Freedom loving patriotic Ohioans roundly rejected the America Hating Trump Party?s power grab there tonight. Good Americans are fed up with the fascist GOP and are going to bury them at the ballot box next year.

I think I looked it up and I think I found that Ohio has more Republicans in the HOR than any state except Texas and Florida.

I heard something was happening today in Ohio about getting initiatives on the ballot. Didn?t really hear that it was partisan or that it had anything to do with Trump.

EDIT: I typically don?t respond to harsh partisan hyperbole from either tribe, but I did this time.

I looked into a few of the details of the election today. I doubt it?s a foreshadowing that the ?fascist? - whatever that is supposed to mean - GOP is going to lose much of its influence in the Ohio caucus in the HOR after the next election.

Last edited:
I think I looked it up and I think I found that Ohio has more Republicans in the HOR than any state except Texas and Florida.

I heard something was happening today in Ohio about getting initiatives on the ballot. Didn?t really hear that it was partisan or that it had anything to do with Trump.

EDIT: I typically don?t respond to harsh partisan hyperbole from either tribe, but I did this time.

I looked into a few of the details of the election today. I doubt it?s a foreshadowing that the ?fascist? - whatever that is supposed to mean - GOP is going to lose much of its influence in the Ohio caucus in the HOR after the next election.

Ohio (and Indiana) might have the worst politics of any northern state. Both are trash.

Ohio (and Indiana) might have the worst politics of any northern state. Both are trash.

What can I tell ya?

They?d be among two of the last states where?d I?d choose to live in this country?although it would have nothing to do with politics.

Michigan weather?without being Michigan.

Or even Chicago.

I mean?why?

What can I tell ya?

They?d be among two of the last states where?d I?d choose to live in this country?although it would have nothing to do with politics.

Michigan weather?without being Michigan.

Or even Chicago.

I mean?why?

Their superior politics for one. Michigan is a shithole. I don?t understand why anyone would live there. Then again, i live in New Jersey so who am I to say?

Edit: by the way, what happened in Ohio? Is it turning blue?

Last edited:
OK, I just read about this thing in Ohio. So I guess voting on a ballot initiative is now ?defeating fascism.? Apparently this is about abortion and the baby murder loving people are the new ?freedom fighters? because if we can?t brutally dismember the most innocent and defenseless human beings, then we?re obviously barbaric fascists.

Calling J2x's posts "hyperbole" is about the nicest way to describe them. Execrable would be the next most polite and IMO, more accurate.

Last edited:
Their superior politics for one. Michigan is a shithole. I don?t understand why anyone would live there. Then again, i live in New Jersey so who am I to say?

I'll speak for all Michiganders on this one, we're glad you don't live here, and don't give a fuck what you think.

I'll speak for all Michiganders on this one, we're glad you don't live here, and don't give a fuck what you think.

You're glad I don't live in a state I don't want to live in - gee, you sure know how to hurt a guy's feelings.

Apparently some major election shenanigans in MI in 2020, according to a Michigan State Police report.

Michigan is beautiful. But the winters are cold.

I moved to a beautiful state where the winters are mild.

Literally nothing happened in Ohio.

Ohio voters voted to change nothing.

Literally.

Michigan is beautiful. But the winters are cold.

I moved to a beautiful state where the winters are mild.

Literally nothing happened in Ohio.

Ohio voters voted to change nothing.

Literally.

Parts of Michigan are beautiful (Spartan Stadium, the shores of the Great Lakes, nothern Michigan in particular). So are parts of NJ. I'd still rather live somewhere else. There is lots of beauty all across this great country.

Yeah, I saw that thing in Ohio. I'm not sure how the Democratic process playing out is "thwarting fascism" but it's J2x we're talking about - things like civics, current events, college football and basketball, are not among his strengths.

Last edited:
Were I (we) to move back to MI, it would be in a more-rural setting. Not to the Detroit area or any outlying suburb ... not even Brighton, A2, Milford, Novi, Northville.

I'd want some ground and space.

Parts of Michigan are beautiful (Spartan Stadium, the shores of the Great Lakes, nothern Michigan in particular). So are parts of NJ. I'd still rather live somewhere else. There is lots of beauty all across this great country.

Yeah, I saw that thing in Ohio. I'm not sure how the Democratic process playing out is "thwarting fascism" but it's J2x we're talking about - things like civics, current events, college football and basketball, are not among his strengths.

Parts of New Jersey are beautiful. I particularly like Tony Soprano?s house.

Generally, conservative voters in Ohio voted not to change anything.

That is what conservatives generally tend to do.

I doubt any seated Republican from Ohio in the HOR will be charged.

Were I (we) to move back to MI, it would be in a more-rural setting. Not to the Detroit area or any outlying suburb ... not even Brighton, A2, Milford, Novi, Northville.

that's my long term goal.

set up a "hobby" farm and orchard.

Have you heard of rural Merrill?

We mispronounce both words to make them rhyme with ?squirrel? or ?pearl.?

A lot of open space there.

Back