Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

23rd pick in the draft ?

I've seen too many freakish dudes that couldn't tackle. Means nothing.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I've seen too many freakish dudes that couldn't tackle. Means nothing.
Better than the non-freakish guys who couldn't tackle tonight

lp4ever41 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I've seen too many freakish dudes that couldn't tackle. Means nothing.

I'm talking about one guy, Tulloch. And he can tackle and is one hell of a player.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
lp4ever41 said:

I'm talking about one guy, Tulloch. And he can tackle and is one hell of a player.
Yes, but the others? I love Tulloch as well. But on the outside, we could use an added dimension. If thats available in the draft, I'd rather have that than force a pick at CB. If theres a great corner, take him. But if not, lets not simply take a decent one just because its a need.

lp4ever41 said:
lp4ever41 said:
That's not really what I meant. He's not a freakish, dynamic athlete. He doesn't have to be one at MLB. I'm just saying, on the outside, we could use someone with elite size/speed. When I say game changer, I mean change the game on a single play. I love Tulloch, and we absolutely need him.
One example would be Von Miller. Obviously, we're not getting someone THAT good at 23, but you get my point. He affects the game with his size/speed in way that Durant and Levy simply cannot.
That's a bad example becasue Miller is more of a 3-4 OLB that purely rushes the QB and is not a sideline to sideline tackler for the 4-3.. Try Navarro Bowman or Sean Weatherspoon.. Better examples IMO..

tigers99888 said:
lp4ever41 said:
One example would be Von Miller. Obviously, we're not getting someone THAT good at 23, but you get my point. He affects the game with his size/speed in way that Durant and Levy simply cannot.
That's a bad example becasue Miller is more of a 3-4 OLB that purely rushes the QB and is not a sideline to sideline tackler for the 4-3.. Try Navarro Bowman or Sean Weatherspoon.. Better examples IMO..
He plays in a 4-3 and before injuring his finger, he was a serious candidate for DPOY. But those other guys fit as well, although Bowman plays inside in a 3-4

lp4ever41 said:
tigers99888 said:
He plays in a 4-3 and before injuring his finger, he was a serious candidate for DPOY. But those other guys fit as well, although Bowman plays inside in a 3-4

Miller was benched in week #17.....Aldon Smith is DROY

23rd is going to be too late for a LT. Perfect spot to draft a guard. Bye-bye Peterson!

imthetruth said:
23rd is going to be too late for a LT. Perfect spot to draft a guard. Bye-bye Peterson!

Adrian Peterson plays for us now?

lp4ever41 said:
lp4ever41 said:
That's not really what I meant. He's not a freakish, dynamic athlete. He doesn't have to be one at MLB. I'm just saying, on the outside, we could use someone with elite size/speed. When I say game changer, I mean change the game on a single play. I love Tulloch, and we absolutely need him.

You never know...Ed Reed was the 24th overall pick.

SLICK said:
lp4ever41 said:

Miller was benched in week #17.....Aldon Smith is DROY
Injury + rookie wall. That doesn't mean his dominant play for most of the season was fake.

And Smith is another good example. He'd play DE in our system, but thats fine. We don't have a single player at DE or OLB who's a physical beast like Smith. One player like that could change the way we play defense.

Decastro G (would have to fall some)
Barron S (would have to fall some)
Dennard CB
Glenn G
Zebrie Sander OT (reach)
Levy Adcock OT (reach)

is my list for round 1. Dennard and Glenn should be there right around our pick. Barron is someone to watch....safeties that arent viewed as elite can drop in round one. Hed be a huge upgrade to that position and a steal at 23.

Just get some secondary help in FA and I'd be thrilled with a guard at 23.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Just get some secondary help in FA and I'd be thrilled with a guard at 23.

the good news is FA will happen before the draft this season....so atleast we will know what are needs are this year going into the draft. But ya, if we can grab a cb and safety in FA itll be oline all day in the draft.

mhughes0021 said:
Decastro G (would have to fall some)
Barron S (would have to fall some)
Dennard CB
Glenn G
Zebrie Sander OT (reach)
Levy Adcock OT (reach)

is my list for round 1. Dennard and Glenn should be there right around our pick. Barron is someone to watch....safeties that arent viewed as elite can drop in round one. Hed be a huge upgrade to that position and a steal at 23.
I like some of those, but I might add Nick Perry and Zach Brown. I think Brown would fit very well in Detroit. But not over Barron or those guards. I'm not sold on Dennard.

Back