Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

3 New Hires by Quinn

zoombabyzoom

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...-as-vice-president-of-football-administration

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...nash-patroits-strength-and-conditioning-coach

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...mccarthy-quality-control-offensive-line-coach

Matt Harriss is our new VP of Football Admin. Came from the Giants. Widely considered a salary cap guru.

Harold Nash, the new strength and conditioning coach is another New England hire. Been involved with that program for the Patriots for a decade.

Don't know anything about the third hire.

He at least is trying to bring in people accustomed to being part of winning organizations.

I expect better results than we've had so they seem like good pickups

Maybe the NFL Gods have finally decided to cut us a break. Really geeked up with what's going on right now...

Maybe the NFL Gods have finally decided to cut us a break. Really geeked up with what's going on right now...

It would be really, really funny if Martha could do in 2 years what the old man couldn't do in 50.

Patience. Only in time will we see if these moves and others are productive. Historically Pats and Giants front office and coaching personnel have not found SB success elsewhere. Still, creating a winning atmosphere is extremely important to success. I'm hopeful, but it is very tempered. I honestly wont get on the hype train unless they win a playoff game or have two consecutive 10 win seasons. Actually, the latter is more significant to me in the short term. Winning a playoff game and then following it with a losing season is barely an improvement in terms of a winning culture. Sustained winning yields better chance to win a SB, IMHO.

Last edited:
Patience. Only in time will we see if these moves and others are productive. Historically Pats and Giants front office and coaching personnel have not found SB success elsewhere. Still, creating a winning atmosphere is extremely important to success. I'm hopeful, but it is very tempered. I honestly wont get on the hype train unless they win a playoff game or have two consecutive 10 win seasons. Actually, the latter is more significant to me in the short term. Winning a playoff game and then following it with a losing season is barely an improvement in terms of a winning culture. Sustained winning yields better chance to win a SB, IMHO.

The schedule will make us productive.

Fired the lady that got into it with Valenti. Fired a long term guy in scouting. Hiring a salary cap guy. Fired strength guy...Good stuff, looks like he knows what he wants to do. Pretty impressive in a short period, guy isn't wasting time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Was listening to the Ticket in the morning (now) and whoever was talking thinks Quinn doesn't want Calvin back, hopes Caldwell fails on his own, and doesn't care about 2016 at all. Strange. I guess that's why sports talk hosts make their money.

Last edited:
Was listening to the Ticket in the morning (now) and whoever was talking thinks Quinn doesn't want Calvin back, hopes Caldwell fails on his own, and doesn't care about 2016 at all. Strange. I guess that's why sports talk hosts make their money.

Just someone trying to stir the pot and gather listeners.......nothing more.

The National Enquirer has been around since 1926.......people love bull shit!

I've pretty much given up on The Ticket and switched over to Detroit Sports 105.1 (http://detroitsports1051.com/) now. They seem to have better, less drama driven sports talk and better hosts.

That's where I am now too with radio listening.

Pay attention to the 97.1 actual talk coverage. They start at the top of the hour (12:00 for example), go to about 12:12, commercial break until about 12:18, and then talk again till about 12:26. Honestly, it's about 25-30 minutes of actual "radio" and a half hour of commercials. 105.1 has a ton less commercial break. They also added on to the 6 AM timeslot now. None of their hosts really suck, they are pretty objective.

That's where I am now too with radio listening.

Pay attention to the 97.1 actual talk coverage. They start at the top of the hour (12:00 for example), go to about 12:12, commercial break until about 12:18, and then talk again till about 12:26. Honestly, it's about 25-30 minutes of actual "radio" and a half hour of commercials. 105.1 has a ton less commercial break. They also added on to the 6 AM timeslot now. None of their hosts really suck, they are pretty objective.

Yes! The commercials are out of control on 97.1 too.

The other day, their night show didn't start until like 6:04 and then they took a break at 6:12. Soon, it's just going to be an hour of commercials.

If you like sunshine blown up your butt, go to 105.1.

If you like ads and a negative outlook, go to 97.1

I tend to gravitate towards Sirius radio but if you put a gun to my head I choose 97.1 just because I like a few of their hosts from when I was a kid.

Last edited:
I dunno about the sunshine stuff. Seems to be realistic to me.

Hell, listen to Sharp. That's the opposite of sunshine.

I dunno about the sunshine stuff. Seems to be realistic to me.

Hell, listen to Sharp. That's the opposite of sunshine.

It does definitely vary depending on the show. I haven't listened to Sharp, but I can imagine you're correct just by his articles. I suppose it's probably unfair to label either station, just depends on when you listen.

I just noticed Matt Dery is with Sharp, I really liked him when I was younger, cool to see he has progressed into the main show.

Right now, they have a 6-10 AM show with Balligan, Mark, and Maz. Maz is the ultimate sunshine guy, but I enjoy the chemistry they have.

10-2 is Ryan and Rico. Errmani is a giant slap, but they are both pretty darn entertaining.

And the 2-6 show is Dery and Sharp, huge fan of Dery simply because of all the Seinfeld drops.

Overall, I'm just glad there's something else to listen to. 97.1 puts all their eggs in the Valenti basket. When he's gone, Foster can't carry a show by himself. And Gator by himself is absolutely horrid.

Last edited:
Back