Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5 former Wolverines make new football league

This is fascinating and interesting.

Another football league that probably has less than half of a percentage chance to have success.

Wasn’t Donald Trump back in the days when he was a TV personality and some kind of business person the last person who was involved in a new football league?

Donnie killed the USFL because he wanted his team in the NFL. The NFL would have taken some of the USFL teams but not his so he sued and won $1. Since then he has tried 10 times to buy an NFL team but he cant pass the owner background check. I have always thought all his beef with kneeling players had more to do with them never letting him buy a team.

Yep, another "you weren't good enough to make it in the NFL, so people will watch you play football in this league."

Vince McMahon is still talking about starting a 3rd football league.

Donnie killed the USFL because he wanted his team in the NFL. The NFL would have taken some of the USFL teams but not his so he sued and won $1. Since then he has tried 10 times to buy an NFL team but he cant pass the owner background check. I have always thought all his beef with kneeling players had more to do with them never letting him buy a team.

True.

The guy has no friends and gets shunned by the truly successful and wealthy elite. He?s a dirtbag poser and the NFL owners know it.

So I guess this new league is supposedly going after Trevor Lawrence. This is interesting. If they make a rule that you don't have to be 3 years removed from high school like the NFL, then this thing might get some traction. Football players might just skip college, go to this league, then 3 years later (or whatever), go to the NFL.

This is all true, and I think you're right about that last part.

He's sticking his nose in the NFL's business over the anthem protests because he's still sore they all laughed at him for being a fraud, and a phony billionaire when he tried to scam his way into teh league, like he scammed his way into the real estate development business.

I'd actually rather watch this new league than the NFL. the NFL is garbage.

Is the new league going to have kneelers? Will they show them on TV?

I thought I read there was once an effort to start a league that has rough affiliations to the blue blood college football teams. The 'Michigan' team wasn't all ex-Michigan players, but it would have had all the ex-Michigan players on the same team, along with the ex-MSU and ex-Central players.

I'm not an NFL fan, but if it were structured like that, I probably would be. I imagine there are probably labor laws that prevent such a thing.

I thought I read there was once an effort to start a league that has rough affiliations to the blue blood college football teams. The 'Michigan' team wasn't all ex-Michigan players, but it would have had all the ex-Michigan players on the same team, along with the ex-MSU and ex-Central players.

I'm not an NFL fan, but if it were structured like that, I probably would be. I imagine there are probably labor laws that prevent such a thing.

Labor laws that would prevent former college football players from playing football for money?

me, vic, tinsel, and wheels.

You want to make the thread about politics and Donald Trump, then take it to the politics board

You want to discuss Donald Trump, then it's only natural to discuss the kneelers.

This is fascinating and interesting.

Another football league that probably has less than half of a percentage chance to have success.

Wasn?t Donald Trump back in the days when he was a TV personality and some kind of business person the last person who was involved in a new football league?

Nothing in Tinsel's post about Donald Trump killing the USFL, so delete his name from your list.

Labor laws that would prevent former college football players from playing football for money?

Labor laws against a team that would only hire players from one state.

Last edited:

If it was the NFL, the dominant league, and players had to play for the team closest to their university - no negotiating power, no option to play for someone else.

Who gives a shit about Donald Trump killing the USFL?

I don't understand why anyone cares about the kneeling. It doesn't affect your life in any way. Get over it.

I wish they'd just stop playing the national anthem before every damn game. Don't do it and just start the fucking game.

Last edited:
Back