Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5 of the last 6?

hungry

Why stop there?

5 of the last 7
5 of the last 8
5 of the last 9
5 of the last 10
5 of the last 11

Many Sparty fans are talking about how when the beat Michigan on Saturday, it'll make it 5 of the last 6. That's true, it would be, but why do they cut it off there?

Why no mention of UM looking to make it two in a row?

Many Sparty fans are talking about how when the beat Michigan on Saturday, it'll make it 5 of the last 6. That's true, it would be, but why do they cut it off there?

it's important to pick a measuring period which is most impressive for your team. especially when other measuring periods, such as all of recorded history, aren't as impressive.

I thought this year we are going for 32 wins of the last 44 meetings. :cheers:

Since Bo Schembechler came to Ann Arbor, we're 31-13 against them.

the best stretches for them were prior to that, either 1950 to 1967 when they were 13-3-2 against us or the subset of that from 1956 to 1963, they were 6-0-2 against us.

I think going forward, any reasonable fan of either team would know the rivalry wouldn't be as one-sided as it was post-Saban and Pre-Dantonio, but also that beating Michigan under RIchRod wasn't really that impressive, since pretty much everyone else did it.

and hell... it took them OT to beat RichRod in '09...

I think in sports it is usually what have you done for me lately. In rivalries I think going back 10 years is about right. If there is a current streak it does deserve some extra attention.

I never understood not using all of a teams history but that is just me I like looking at the whole picture.

I think in sports it is usually what have you done for me lately. In rivalries I think going back 10 years is about right. If there is a current streak it does deserve some extra attention.

There is no current streak

So in tom dalton's world, we should say MSU is looking to go for 5 of the last 10...

lol you guys are hilarious. This thread is screaming, "Sparty come argue with us about something...anything!"

I LOVE IT!

:cheers:

but also that beating Michigan under RIchRod wasn't really that impressive, since pretty much everyone else did it.

and hell... it took them OT to beat RichRod in '09...

Yet you take credit for beating MSU during the Bobby Williams and John L. Smith era's.

Funny.

Yet you take credit for beating MSU during the Bobby Williams and John L. Smith era's.

Funny.

to be fair, you guys were still terrible before both of those coaches. Saban had a good year or two, but his years were very unique for the Spartan football team.

Meanwhile, we had been good for a few decades. Sure, there were some mediocre years, but we were never a bad team. In comes RR who changes our offensive and defensive systems almost 180 degrees and we lose Ryan Mallett and two WRs that left early to the draft to avoid RR's offense.

Of course your wins count, but to be honest, I don't really count the win over the buckeyes two years ago. They were beyond awful and in a huge transition. Still, it was fun beating them again. Now, they're back on top. When we beat them, I'll feel good.

Funny.

Well when a rival program just plain blows for years on end, what other choice is there?

Last edited:
Why stop there?

5 of the last 7
5 of the last 8
5 of the last 9
5 of the last 10
5 of the last 11

Why no mention of UM looking to make it two in a row?

hats off to you hungry, you're like B-Rabbit in 8 mile. you're taking my argument and using it against yourself before i even have the chance to, i was waiting for the results to talk smack, you're taking the wind out of my sails before

Attachments

• 8 Mile Lyckty.jpg
    8 Mile Lyckty.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 21
hats off to you hungry, you're like B-Rabbit in 8 mile. you're taking my argument and using it against yourself before i even have the chance to, i was waiting for the results to talk smack, you're taking the wind out of my sails before

jMieJ87.gif

You must be the only Sparty in the world that is waiting to talk smack.

sorry,there are at least 5-6 of us on these forums

I'll count any of the rest of them when that poster has lasted a full calender year.

Okay, tomdalton counts a little, but he's about a 2 to your 9.9.

Green and White and gotime909 aren't really the "just waiting to talk smack" types at all.

SpartanMack is just way too green to count yet.

Too green on so many levels.

Back