Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

50 games for Melky

That throws a wrench on my fantasy baseball team *sigh*

Yep, mine too Tony. That bastard, and with playoffs approaching too. String him up!!

Can you put suspended players on the DL in your league?

Are you honestly comparing an injury to taking PED's???
Wow....that's fucking dumb.

No. I'm comparing the AMOUNT of GAMES that the player has to sit for DIFFERENT reasons. BOTH are a SIGNIFICANT part of a season. I think that 50 games is sufficient for PED use, first offense.

You don't. Simple as that. Your tiered system of punishment is just as arbitrary as what exists presently.

I still think they should not be allowed any post season during the season they were suspended. He gets busted but he could play in the first round still? Seems wrong.

I still think they should not be allowed any post season during the season they were suspended. He gets busted but he could play in the first round still? Seems wrong.

It's not meant to punish his ballclub though, just the offending player. The problem is that's all it does now.

Melky can sit for his 50 games and aside from the social stigma, it's probably no big deal. His team on the other hand has to scramble to replace his production and take all the punishment while he sits and plays xbox at home.

It's not meant to punish his ballclub though, just the offending player. The problem is that's all it does now.

Melky can sit for his 50 games and aside from the social stigma, it's probably no big deal. His team on the other hand has to scramble to replace his production and take all the punishment while he sits and plays xbox at home.

Maybe it should punish the ball club? I mean it is anyway, they aren't locks to get in. Just take it a step further.

IMO, players don't mind as much missing regular season games.

Yep, mine too Tony. That bastard, and with playoffs approaching too. String him up!!

Can you put suspended players on the DL in your league?

No, i can't. Why would you though? He's done for the year...

Melky Cabrera's 7 year career OPS+ numbers: 95, 88, 68, 93, 83, 121, 157...now suspended for PED use.

Joint statement from MLB & MLBPA:

In recent days there has been much commentary about the testing protocols for testosterone under the Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Unfortunately, much of that commentary has been inaccurate.

The facts are these:

? Like almost every other testing program, Baseball?s program uses a testosterone to epitestosterone (T/E) ratio of 4:1 as a screening device. Unlike most other programs, however, the fact that a sample has a T/E ratio below 4:1 does not mean that sample is free from further analysis.

? The characteristics of every sample, including the T/E ratio, are analyzed at the WADA-certified laboratory in Montreal and the laboratory determines which samples are subjected to Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR) testing.

? All samples with a T/E ratio above 4:1 are subjected to CIR but so are many samples with a T/E ratio less than 4:1.

Christiane Ayotte, the Director of the WADA-certified laboratory in Montreal, stated: ?The procedures used in the Montreal Laboratory make more extensive use of CIR than those used in other labs and there is no doubt that Baseball?s program detects testosterone positives that other programs would fail to detect.?

Back