Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5th rd pick for clady

Another "hold your breath every time the ball is snapped" move I see. Meh...whatever. Coming off a terrible ACL injury. One year show me deal and it usually takes at least 2 years to come back fully healthy from that injury. Go get a young HEALTHY LT in the draft,......been saying it forever now.

The Lions didn't drop the ball, Quinn isn't cheap, blahblahblah...stfu already

Mitch like Smith said, for perspective, Tulloch 6M, Pettigrew 5M if they keep them around. Clady is a 3X All Pro (2 first 1 second) and Is still 29 (turns 30 this September). We just signed Johnson Bademosi for 2.1 M! Cap space doesn't roll over, a 3M dollar bet on upgrading one of the worst oline in the league would have been savvy for us and widely praised. It is one Quinn would have likely wanted to make. For the Jets they potentially replace one former all pro LT with another. Good or bad, savvy move at $3M. Given the terms of the deal and our need we missed out. It's okay, not a huge knock on Quinn, like Ink said chock it up to being a first year GM.

The real question here, missing out on two tackles to "bet on yourself" deals. Is having gated community security guard aka Team President Wood already hurting the team?

No one thing savvy about this move and 30 is ancient in football years. Especially for a guy who gets hurt. Jets were desperate and made a move. Could turn out to be huge for them, could be tragic, but that's why you write the deal up the way it was written. He fails, you cut him without burning too much. Stop looking for ways to continually rip on this team...

No one thing savvy about this move and 30 is ancient in football years. Especially for a guy who gets hurt. Jets were desperate and made a move. Could turn out to be huge for them, could be tragic, but that's why you write the deal up the way it was written. He fails, you cut him without burning too much. Stop looking for ways to continually rip on this team...

Thank you Captain Lion, saving the team from dissenting opinion since...how old are you Tony? You make no point other than stating that 30 is ancient in the NFL...which it isn't for an offensive lineman. According to the most recent data I could find the average age of an offensive lineman is approximately 28.5. The median is like 27 yrs and 11 months. He'll be 29 until the preseason ends.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/7/15/4524944/ol-age-and-the-nfl-2013-edition

So his age isn't an issue. Now his injury. He isn't hurt at this time and has to clear medical for the trade to be accepted. Again, if he gets reinjured right away, he only costs $3M. That's Jonothan Bademosi and Joique Bell's dead cap money as a gamble. If he plays poorly, it's a 6M gamble, that's Tulloch's salary. If he plays like a three time all pro LT, well then everyone wins.

Then you state that it could be good or bad, which no one can dispute, thanks for the insight Nostradumbass. How can someone be such a huge homer that they can't even admit another team made a good move. Honolulu Blue Koolaide, not even once.

Last edited:
Thank you Captain Lion, saving the team from dissenting opinion since...how old are you Tony? You make no point other than stating that 30 is ancient in the NFL...which it isn't for an offensive lineman. According to the most recent data I could find the average age of an offensive lineman is approximately 28.5.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2013/7/15/4524944/ol-age-and-the-nfl-2013-edition

So his age isn't an issue. Now his injury. He isn't hurt at this time and has to clear medical for the trade to be accepted. Again, if he gets injured right away, he only costs $3M. That's Jonothan Bademosi and Joique Bell's dead cap money as a gamble.

Then you state that it could be good or bad, which no one can dispute, thanks for the insight Nostrdumbass. Honolulu Blue Koolaide, not even once.

Nice one, retard lol. Thirty isn't young, genius!!!! And the fucking guy hasn't played in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Awesome!!! So take your fucking data and shove it up your ass, buddy. Thirty is old in the NFL....no matter how you look at it. I never said the guy belongs in a wheelchair....I just said he's no longer 25 anymore. But you're right, he isn't hurt, but that injury is no joke (unlike you). TWO year window on that injury for the most part and last time I checked, Ryan Clady isn't Superman like Adrian Peterson. So don't get all fucking bent because reality sunk in on ya like a stone...lol. I know you're confused on the wqhole bad and good comments, but its quite simple. Then again, you have the brain capacity of a fucking stool, so....

And wtf does my age have anything to do with it? I don't play in the NFL..lol. But you take your Okung and Clady posters and jerk off all over those bad boys alllllll night long. Just make sure when they both go down with some type of injury, you come back and apologize. Ok, sunshine??? ;) yaaaaaaaa....lol

Nice one, retard lol. Thirty isn't young, genius!!!! And the fucking guy hasn't played in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Awesome!!! So take your fucking data and shove it up your ass, buddy. Thirty is old in the NFL....no matter how you look at it. I never said the guy belongs in a wheelchair....I just said he's no longer 25 anymore. But you're right, he isn't hurt, but that injury is no joke (unlike you). TWO year window on that injury for the most part and last time I checked, Ryan Clady isn't Superman like Adrian Peterson. So don't get all fucking bent because reality sunk in on ya like a stone...lol. I know you're confused on the wqhole bad and good comments, but its quite simple. Then again, you have the brain capacity of a fucking stool, so....

And wtf does my age have anything to do with it? I don't play in the NFL..lol. But you take your Okung and Clady posters and jerk off all over those bad boys alllllll night long. Just make sure when they both go down with some type of injury, you come back and apologize. Ok, sunshine??? ;) yaaaaaaaa....lol

Tony you're embarrassing yourself.

Thank you Captain Lion, saving the team from dissenting opinion since...how old are you Tony? You make no point other than stating that 30 is ancient in the NFL...which it isn't for an offensive lineman. According to the most recent data I could find the average age of an offensive lineman is approximately 28.5.

So his age isn't an issue. Now his injury. He isn't hurt at this time and has to clear medical for the trade to be accepted. Again, if he gets injured right away, he only costs $3M. That's Jonothan Bademosi and Joique Bell's dead cap money as a gamble.

Then you state that it could be good or bad, which no one can dispute, thanks for the insight Nostrdumbass. Honolulu Blue Koolaide, not even once.

and I'm a homer because I don't think this is a great move by the Jets? lmao. The guy has played ONE season in the last 3 years!!! Ya, he's a great LT but it's a huge risk signing this guy. Why do you think the deal is set up the way it is??? Because if he falters (and theres a huge chance he does) he's shown the fucking door!! ...lol. Understand that, you fucking bozo. I never said it was a bad or good move. Its a move that I don't give 2 fucks about. You be the assclown of the group and get all hard over injured players. That's your fucking job. Not mine!

You had a cheap safe option at considerably upgrading your oline. An oline that blows donkey balls. And we pass cause he injured himself before? Its fucking retarded. Let's roll with ola than bitch all year cause stafford sucks ass cause he had no time to do anything. Lions gms...doing nothing to fix shit since 1950.

Last edited:
You had a cheap safe option at considerably upgrading your oline. An oline that blows donkey balls. And we pass cause he injured himself before? Its fucking retarded. Let's roll with ola than bitch all year cause stafford sucks ass cause he had no time to do anything. Lions gms...doing nothing to fix shit since 1950.

Maybe Quinn tried to acquire him....how the fuck do you know? lol. He tore his ACL and has played one season in 3 years. He's somewhat of a liability. Nothing safe about acquiring him...cheap, but not safe. He didn't have a fucking hangnail lol. And who says we're just rolling with Ola anyways? The draft is coming up....remember?! Ola played well when healthy...chill out, but an upgrade is in order. Maybe Orlando Pace is available though....he was good once too...idk. Little extreme but you get my drift....maybe not? Ya...

Didn't take you long to bash on our new GM though. I knew it was bound to happen....so predictable lol. Cmon!!!

And we pass cause he injured himself before? Its fucking retarded.

Wait wait wait......I'm not gonna get in the middle of your argument with Tony.....that's between you and him.

But how the fuck can you even type that sentence when that is your basis of hatred toward the Broyles and Best picks???

Remember.....blah blah blah.....great job Mayhew....blah blah.....injured in college....blah blah.....what a surprise he's hurt again.....blah blah blah.......stupid fuckin Mayhew......

Now you want previously injured players???

Which is it??

Last edited:
All of Quinn's signings were one year deals except M Jones..WTF take a flyer on Clady, it's one yr, $6 mil, 3 guar. We have cap money and a need on OL. He offered another injured LT a contract

Last edited:
Instead of getting super pissed off at Quinn I decided to have a glass of whiskey and wait for the roster to be complete. I highly advise trying it ;)

Because EVERYONE knows he would have TOTALLY restructured to come to DETROIT RIGHT?!?!? UHHH DOUBT IT. C'mon people the guy wasn't coming here one way or the other.. Get over it and let Quinn get ONE FREAKING DRAFT out of the way before you declare him Satan and never tried to fix the line... some fucking people WAY to quick to pull the trigger...

Wait wait wait......I'm not gonna get in the middle of your argument with Tony.....that's between you and him.

But how the fuck can you even type that sentence when that is your basis of hatred toward the Broyles and Best picks???

Remember.....blah blah blah.....great job Mayhew....blah blah.....injured in college....blah blah.....what a surprise he's hurt again.....blah blah blah.......stupid fuckin Mayhew......

Now you want previously injured players???

Which is it??

170 lb rb with no brain and a wr with no knees (both rookies)....is way different than a former all pro LT coming off an ACL.

but since you brought it up...I was right wasn't I? Best was out of the league in a matter of years and broyles never played a meaningful snap in his life during a time we had a bunch of bums like durham playing WR. Couldn't even get PT over durham lol.

Last edited:
170 lb rb with no brain and a wr with no knees (both rookies)....is way different than a former all pro LT coming off an ACL.

but since you brought it up...I was right wasn't I? Best was out of the league in a matter of years and broyles never played a meaningful snap in his life during a time we had a bunch of bums like durham playing WR. Couldn't even get PT over durham lol.

Why is it different?

Doesn't seem any different at all, actually. It also seems that being right about Best and Broyles would automatically make you WRONG about Clady.......so it still remains quite a contradiction that you would want him.

It makes you seem like you're just making the argument to argue.......because you're taking both sides of the same fight.

Why is it different?

Doesn't seem any different at all, actually. It also seems that being right about Best and Broyles would automatically make you WRONG about Clady.......so it still remains quite a contradiction that you would want him.

It makes you seem like you're just making the argument to argue.......because you're taking both sides of the same fight.

Risk/Reward

Back