Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

$900 for tix...

mgoblue0303

to the damn Alabama game...damn that hurt. Oh well, it will be the first experience away from the Big House for me to see the boys play. Should be memorable! GO BLUE!

wow. they better get Charles woodson and desmond to come out and autograph a game ball for you in GOLD ink.

Lol, right? Funny you say that though....the gf just gave me an early bday present, and it was Desmond's auto on a mini helmet!

mgoblue0303 said:
Lol, right? Funny you say that though....the gf just gave me an early bday present, and it was Desmond's auto on a mini helmet!

nice.

Again this is the problem with folks buying tickets for speculation
It is getting out of hand

Both schools had 25,loo tickets
Prices were 125 to,285

I think it is crazy

No tickets for students-some $50 tickets for standing room will also be available

Oh just retread original post
You already bought some

I had planned to go until I saw ticket price

Prices are a lot higher now in the wake of the quick 'sellout' to the schools than they will be. There will be some available in the secondary market during the summer at prices lower than where they are now, IMO.

Of course our crew has 8 already thru season tickets, so ....

Wow, that's as much as I pay for both of my season tickets combined. I'm hoping they drop on stubhub as the game draws closer.

The same thing is happening with Opening Day tickets here in Denver since it Sold Out so quickly on Saturday morning. There are people trying to sell good seats for $600/per on StubHub.

That's insane. $600 for a baseball game ...? No way they'll get that, IMO.

TheVictors03 said:
The same thing is happening with Opening Day tickets here in Denver since it Sold Out so quickly on Saturday morning. There are people trying to sell good seats for $600/per on StubHub.

Yeah, the game is so far out what happened was people bought their tickets - went onto stubhub and saw that other people were selling them for crazy prices...and priced them accordingly. Once the people willing to pay $900 a ticket are through buying tickets I'm sure that the cost will come down because, in the end, people will need to sell their tickets or possibly eat the cost.

The same thing happened with the night game. If I remember correctly MC02 was looking for tickets and they dropped like $100 from when he first priced them out up until like a week before the game.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
TheVictors03 said:

Yeah, the game is so far out what happened was people bought their tickets - went onto stubhub and saw that other people were selling them for crazy prices...and priced them accordingly. Once the people willing to pay $900 a ticket are through buying tickets I'm sure that the cost will come down because, in the end, people will need to sell their tickets or possibly eat the cost.

The same thing happened with the night game. If I remember correctly MC02 was looking for tickets and they dropped like $100 from when he first priced them out up until like a week before the game.

yeah, they did. I still ended up spending over $200 a couple days before; decent seat though, 12th row or something like that. Gallon caught the winning TD right in front of me.

I carefully monitored the prices; up to a certain point the prices dropped but quantities remained the same. Then the prices stabilized and I noticed the quantities dropping too. that's when I moved.

If I wanted to gamble, I'm sure I could've gotten something cheaper the day of, but I didn't want to take a chance that my printer would break, or wifi would go down, or something like that.

exactly. it's a complete trade-off. I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets in the bottom of the 1st inning that are far cheaper than $600 at Coors Field opening day and by the time Labor Day rolls around, the "market" for the game will have settled like it did for UTL.

Yea...one part of me thinks they will come down...but another part of me thinks they may go up and price me outta seats altogether. It is a total crap shoot. And, since I have been promising my little guy for over a year now that I would take him, I ponied up. I just put the cost behind me knowing how excited we will be just to be there. GO BLUE!

Plus, I missed out on the night game bc we decided to not pay $250 a ticket and be cheap asses for once....and, we all know how that turned out. Sigh...

Back