Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

900 Wins

How fitting that win #900 was at the expense of the Spartans. So was win #300. So much for that myth.

couldn't hear the sound in the stadium LOL

oops they didn't hae the game highlights in it - just the countdown

Last edited:
VeryNice.jpg

Great video. The Michigan faithful past and present are smiling today. I sent the link to the sparty members of my family recommending them to forward it on to 10 of their friends or MSU would have bad luck the rest of the season. Wonder if they will do it?
GO BLUE!

fastest they've reached next 100 win milestone has been 11 years. Hopefully under Hoke they can reach it in 10 this next time. Obviously it helps having an extra game or two each year. Fastest possible would be 9 years, so 10 years would mean UM football has been solidly re-established and hopefully a couple NCs along the way.

what I like is how, in order to have 900 wins ....you have to have 900 wins. When other fans make the statement like, "yeah, well half those wins came before the Moon Landing,"

It's like, Yes they are! In order to have the most wins in CFB history, you have to have the most wins, period. You have to have history to have a History.

I love it and am glad I was there for #900 ....on to 1000!

Yep, the morons that have no history or tradition just don't get what these things mean. They would rather argue stats that favor their team that started out as a girls school and has only been playing football since the 1970s, or whatever. We must treat them with pity for they do not know any better.

yeah i love how folks try to discount the history or change the definition of alltime like picking a different starting year

history is history -
the fact is we have played football for 133 years and have 900 wins

Last edited:
in Pat Forde's Forde Yard Dash this week, he picked apart the number of early-history easy wins from a bunch of top programs.

like games versus high schools, the local masonic lodge, or games versus Army bases or Navy ships.

we actually had a lower percentage of those among our all-time wins than other schools at the top. I think something like 6% of our wins were against the creampuffs, whereas it was 8-9% at some of the others. so the naysayers are wrong.

in Pat Forde's Forde Yard Dash this week, he picked apart the number of early-history easy wins from a bunch of top programs.

like games versus high schools, the local masonic lodge, or games versus Army bases or Navy ships.

we actually had a lower percentage of those among our all-time wins than other schools at the top. I think something like 6% of our wins were against the creampuffs, whereas it was 8-9% at some of the others. so the naysayers are wrong.

I think the college football data warehouse has Michigan with the toughest SoS all-time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan has more wins after 1950 than before 1950, and more wins from 1980 to present than from 1950 to 1980.

Back