Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

93rd All-Star Game Starting Lineups A.L and N.L. July 11, 2023

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/michael-lorenzen-earns-first-career-all-star-selection
Lorenzen to rep Tigers at ?23 All-Star Game.
Lorenzen is 2-6 with a 4.28 ERA in 14 starts (82 innings) for the Tigers in 2023.
Tigers official site

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...zen-earns-mlb-all-star-game-spot/70377688007/
Tigers pitcher Michael Lorenzen earns spot in MLB All-Star Game.
Detnews

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...headed-to-2023-mlb-all-star-game/70377464007/
Detroit Tigers starter Michael Lorenzen selected to 2023 MLB All-Star Game.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2023/07/tigers-2023-all-star-selection-announced.html
Tigers? 2023 All-Star Game selection announced.
Mlive

Too bad Green got hurt. Lorenzen, lol.

Last edited:
Time to revert to assembling the best ASG team, even if it means that some teams are not represented.

Actually, I think it's past time to simply discontinue the ASG and just give the players a week off. The rosters are inflated, many players opt out, and, with interleague play, the "mystique" is over.

Those who remember the ASGs of the 60s and 70s recognize that this version has mutated into a true scrimmage game with little if any gravitas.

Time to revert to assembling the best ASG team, even if it means that some teams are not represented.

Actually, I think it's past time to simply discontinue the ASG and just give the players a week off. The rosters are inflated, many players opt out, and, with interleague play, the "mystique" is over.

Those who remember the ASGs of the 60s and 70s recognize that this version has mutated into a true scrimmage game with little if any gravitas.

Somebody?s tuning in.

Somebody?s turnin a buck.

Just like with the college bowl games.

I haven?t turned on the All Star game for years.

Pretty unlikely I will this year.

But somebody will.

That?s why they keep having it on television.

Somebody?s tuning in.

Somebody?s turnin a buck.

Just like with the college bowl games.

I haven?t turned on the All Star game for years.

Pretty unlikely I will this year.

But somebody will.

That?s why they keep having it on television.

If this trend continues, the ASG will wither and die. Link Link

Last edited:
I think I won?t miss it.

I might not even notice.

On the other hand, maybe I?ll start a go fund me page.

I think I may have watched one ASG from front to back since the late 1980s. Having attended the 1971 ASG in person kinda set the bar too high to watch it again on TV.

I think I may have watched one ASG from front to back since the late 1980s. Having attended the 1971 ASG in person kinda set the bar too high to watch it again on TV.

That really was something.

Norm Cash struck out twice though.

The way it is now.. kids get to watch someone from the team they root for. I don't watch anymore but when I was small I enjoyed watching my team player's play.

The way it is now.. kids get to watch someone from the team they root for. I don't watch anymore but when I was small I enjoyed watching my team player's play.

Okay.

Let?s keep it going for now for the kids, and see where it goes from here.

Kenley Jansen:
ERA: 3.45
IP: 28.2
WHIP: 1.43

Emmanuel Clase:
ERA: 3.40
IP: 39.2
WHIP: 1.21

Jason Foley:
ERA: 2.14
IP: 37.1
WHIP: 1.04

Guess which one didn?t make the All-Star team.

Kenley Jansen:
ERA: 3.45
IP: 28.2
WHIP: 1.43

Emmanuel Clase:
ERA: 3.40
IP: 39.2
WHIP: 1.21

Jason Foley:
ERA: 2.14
IP: 37.1
WHIP: 1.04

Guess which one didn?t make the All-Star team.
Were the first two sole reps for their team.

Last edited:
https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2023/07/04/watercooler-wednesday-92/
WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Today, another opportunity for readers to discuss the hottest topics in a forum where thoughtful dialog and a variety of opinions are welcomed.

Let?s create some running conversational threads. And for those of you back in actual offices, here?s a question to take with you ? or use via Zoom ? as you talk to your co-workers.

Here is today?s topic??..

The All-Star game is set for next Tuesday. In addition to the game to be played on Tuesday, the 11th, there are several days of televised special events.
Will you be watching?

Will you be watching the All-Star game and/or some of the special events next week?

1. Will watch the game and some events.

2. Will watch only the game.

3. Will watch only some of the special events.

4. Won't be watching any of it.

VOTE

Back