Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

9th inning argument

theTutor

It only took 5 games and Tigers did nothing to help either way.

It only took 5 games and you didn't do anything but the usual.

Last edited:
I'll have to give it to you guys, I have no idea what he's talking about.

he doesn't have a clue either...he is hoping for someone to make some kind of argument so he can take the opposite side of it,,,,,,it's what Chico does.

sorry, guess I should have been more clear.

Whether or not you bring your ace into the 9th inning or your closer in a shut out.

Whether or not you bring your ace into the 9th inning or your closer in a shut out.

You do, or you don't. Depends.

It works or it won't. The End.

What T-Ball club did you ever manage?
Two not-so-brainy questions. There are multiple variables/circumstances involved and every game is played different.

In case you haven't noticed in the past 100 years of MLB, there is no specific rule on when to pull a starter (or) when to employ your closer.

It's a game-to-game decision that sometimes decided by gut feelings or sixth sense. Any manager hopes that by the end of the 162 game schedule, his correct decisions far-outnumber the bad ones.

Last edited:
What T-Ball club did you ever manage?
Two not-so-brainy questions. There are multiple variables/circumstances involved and every game is played different.

In case you haven't noticed in the past 100 years of MLB, there is no specific rule on when to pull a starter (or) when to employ your closer.

It's a game-to-game decision that sometimes decided by gut feelings or sixth sense. Any manager hopes that by the end of the 162 game schedule, his correct decisions far-outnumber the bad ones.

I dont have a feeling either way. The was the whole point of my post. I'm just saying that the Tigers did nothing to support either side of the argument. People argue about this CONSISTENTLY. I listended to 30 minutes of Sean and Terp talking about it and a bunch of facebook post. No Tiger fan can say "I TOLD YOU SO" yet and that's basically my post. I wasn't trying to start an argument, just make a observation that the Tigers aren't helping this arguement out.

If I said yesterday, before the game, would you pull Verlander in a 2-0 game if he was under 100 pitchers. I'm sure there would have been arguments both ways.

I dont have a feeling either way. The was the whole point of my post. I'm just saying that the Tigers did nothing to support either side of the argument. People argue about this CONSISTENTLY. I listended to 30 minutes of Sean and Terp talking about it and a bunch of facebook post. No Tiger fan can say "I TOLD YOU SO" yet and that's basically my post. I wasn't trying to start an argument, just make a observation that the Tigers aren't helping this arguement out.

If I said yesterday, before the game, would you pull Verlander in a 2-0 game if he was under 100 pitchers. I'm sure there would have been arguments both ways.

were you not told to shut up tard ? now beat it

He was at 82 pitches.. If he was at 100 pitches you replace him... DD did a good job getting Dotel, and ballaster but we do need a another lefty if smokes is not going to pitch Coke in back to back games... No way Daniel S. should be called on to save the day.. I have no problem with leaving JV in... He looked hyper up to me in the 9th.. Oh well move on..

Last edited:
regardless of the number of pitches he threw, once you start to lose it, you lose it. and I didn't mind that he started the 9th, it was Smoker should have known when he lost his stuff.

Start a thread, argue with yourself and lose twice.

Back