Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Adios Houston

TheVictors

Well, ain't that about a bitch, Cougar Nation?!

[flash=350,287:tilxpfgy]http://www.youtube.com/v/d0ifhaJGuNA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:tilxpfgy]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

MichChamp02 said:
they deserve it.

Agreed ...and not completely surprised. And I'm starting to think if OU beats Okie State tonight, an OU v UM Fiesta Bowl may be possible....

TheVictors03 said:
MichChamp02 said:
they deserve it.

Agreed ...and not completely surprised. And I'm starting to think if OU beats Okie State tonight, an OU v UM Fiesta Bowl may be possible....

How about UM in the Fiesta Bowl against the winner of OK v. OK State tonight?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
TheVictors03 said:

Uhhhhhh......... yeah, what you said.

TheVictors03 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Uhhhhhh......... yeah, what you said.

Heh - well OK State has a pretty good chance to win tonight!

Anyway, the Houston loss makes things look a helluva lot more comfortable for Michigan...

Meanwhile, Kansas State is in a pretty tough fight...although they look like they might be starting to take control, a little bit...

No.......I don't want the Fiesta......I'm going to the bowl (wherever it may be), so therefore I want the Sugar because I've never been to New Orleans......where as I've been all over Arizona a bunch of times and the idea of going there again doesn't excite me.

Plus - there's a reasonable chance Michigan can jump Oklahoma in the BCS standings of Oklahoma loses; but really no chance to jump Okie State if they lose.

I just think 'Michigan v Oklahoma' has more cache and I wouldn't be super-surprised if they beat Okie St anyways

Fiesta Bowl for me is closer, cheaper, easier ....have friends we'd stay with. Nawlins rocks, been there, more expensive, longer flight for me....

But dates are a consideration too.

TheVictors03 said:
Fiesta Bowl for me is closer, cheaper, easier ....have friends we'd stay with. Nawlins rocks, been there, more expensive, longer flight for me....

But dates are a consideration too.

Using flight miles either way, so the flight will be free.......and sharing the hotel costs with others and the rental car with be paid for with miles as well.......so for me it's all about which city I want to go to and that would be Nawlins as you accurately put it.

Lived in Tucson for two summers and traveled all over Arizona over many years and I absolutely love that state, but in this situation Phoenix would be a bore compared to the Big Easy (or at least thats my expectation not having been to New Orleans).

Who would we play in the Sugar now? Or does this move us to the Fiesta?

josh200612 said:
Who would we play in the Sugar now? Or does this move us to the Fiesta?

We still look good for the Sugar (TCU), but Georgia has to lose to LSU.....Georgia goes Sugar if they win.

I just know Fiesta Bowl was in A2 for NU game and even Orange Bowl v VaTech was on some prediction list I saw.

Glad they're out. I just want the best matchups.

Now I'm told TCU gets an automatic bid if they're in the top 16. Would rather not have them in either.

johnny2x2x said:
Glad they're out. I just want the best matchups.

Now I'm told TCU gets an automatic bid if they're in the top 16. Would rather not have them in either.

You just didn't want to see big brother win a bcs bowl game by 50.. I see right through you.

Right now it's looking like Kansas St. or TCU would be the team to get in opposite us.

Michigan would trump K-State and TCU to the BCS for one major reason: fan following. You can't even compare the Wildcat/Horned Frog faithful to Michigan fans.

One thing that could have f'd things up would have been a Georgia victory. The SEC lobbyists at CBS were pitching THREE SEC teams to the BCS if the Bulldogs won.

I think a Oklahoma-Michigan match-up would be nice, or Michigan-Stanford, if either of those are possible...

Back