Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alex Malzone ('15 QB from Brother Rice) to UofM

why does his last name sound familiar?

Edit: Nevermind. Was thinking Gus Malzahn

did he actually get an offer or is he walking on?

Last edited:
LMAO.

typical back handed trolling by you. It will be funny when a "MAC QB" beats your team in a few years.

LMAO.

typical back handed trolling by you. It will be funny when a "MAC QB" beats your team in a few years.

I was messing with you a little but I actually thought he could be a walk on, his next best offer was Wake Forest. This is a far cry from what I heard last year when Jayru committed, I remember posts about how Michigan is always after bigger national QB recruits, etc.

either way, he could develop into a great player, rankings are important but they don't mean a lot.

I like that he wanted to come to Michigan and got the chance. I also like seeing a strong Rice-Michigan connection.

according to this article, he was "Ranked by the 247Sports Composite Ratings as the nation’s No. 13 pro-style passer and No. 4 prospect in the state" ... not like he's some walk-on, no? seems like he was pretty decently ranked to begin with, but I'm not a recruiting junkie so I don't know what the knock on him would be.

I'd assume that even if his raw stats (speed, arm strength etc.) aren't great, he has the intangibles on his side (discipline, good character, proven winner).

Also, I like your optimism. what are we thinking, 2018? 2019?

2018... EAST LANSING - Malzone throws for 280 yards and 3 TDs as Michigan wins 24-7. MSU quarterback Jayru Campbell is ejected early in the 2nd half after stomping a Michigan player on the ground following his 3rd INT of the day.

...Dantonio doesn't make his players available for interviews following the ugly loss, and spends the entire post game presser snarling and glaring at the press corps... totally incomprehensible.

I like that he wanted to come to Michigan and got the chance. I also like seeing a strong Rice-Michigan connection.

according to this article, he was "Ranked by the 247Sports Composite Ratings as the nation?s No. 13 pro-style passer and No. 4 prospect in the state" ... not like he's some walk-on, no? seems like he was pretty decently ranked to begin with, but I'm not a recruiting junkie so I don't know what the knock on him would be.

I'd assume that even if his raw stats (speed, arm strength etc.) aren't great, he has the intangibles on his side (discipline, good character, proven winner).

It's not a reach to say that he could be a walk on, he had a host of MAC offers and then Pitt and Wake. That's a legit question, guys like that sometimes pay their way to play at the school they want. he also came from an expensive private school so that may have been an option for him.

there's something to be said about the guys that have to earn their offers, they bring a different work ethic than the guys that have everyone telling them how good they are all the time.

2018... EAST LANSING - Malzone throws for 280 yards and 3 TDs as Michigan wins 24-7. MSU quarterback Jayru Campbell is ejected early in the 2nd half after stomping a Michigan player on the ground following his 3rd INT of the day.

...Dantonio doesn't make his players available for interviews following the ugly loss, and spends the entire post game presser snarling and glaring at the press corps... totally incomprehensible.

that's a reach to say that Cambpell will play at MSU, I think it's a 5% chance that he's still considered a commit

...This is a far cry from what I heard last year when Jayru committed, I remember posts about how Michigan is always after bigger national QB recruits, etc...

You have a shitty memory

So you justify your little trolling on the board based on strawman "Michigan fans" allegedly saying something unrelated about some other kid not Malzone? All I did is call you for what you do all the time with your little digs in threads, especially recruiting.

like you have some evolved and thoughtful opinion of a 2015 recruit and we care what you think.

So you justify your little trolling on the board based on strawman "Michigan fans" allegedly saying something unrelated about some other kid not Malzone? All I did is call you for what you do all the time with your little digs in threads, especially recruiting.

like you have some evolved and thoughtful opinion of a 2015 recruit and we care what you think.

Lighten the fuck up, I was just messing around, I told you that and said some complimentary things about him.

Someone is really sensitive these days.

Also, I like your optimism. what are we thinking, 2018? 2019?

LMAO ... you reply to yourself with clarification and all I did is answer a basic question you are either too lazy or too stupid to answer yourself at the beginning of the thread. typically lazy sparty....

and I don't give a fuck about a single recruit verballing or otherwise, yet here you are right in the front row for this (apparent) non-event related to MICHIGAN ...and not to state

tell you what, let me know the next time any kid chooses State.

Sofran said Malzone had also garnered interested from other Big Ten Conference schools, but that Michigan's style of offense always held the most appeal to Malzone.
"In his heart, I think Michigan was always the place he had hoped to go," he said.

Guess this kid can't point to being "dissed" by Michigan or whine about some charity event where Dhani Jones made a joke. And, by the way, isn't it the hallmark of the program in lansing to take "3-star" talent and juice them up to be able to beat the "superior" talent in A2?!

See ...isnt' it fun to play stupid, message board games?! I will post the same thing I do after every kid announces state...

"He seems to play his best games on the biggest stages," he said. "He commands the huddle, he knows the game, he watches film. He has a strong work ethic. He's kind of the prototype Michigan quarterback. I'm not surprised they like him because he seems to fit their system very well."

See, none of that excuse making or hate-to-fuel-you-steroid-shit up there...

now, get back to work and MOW MY LAWN, SPARTYBOY!!

Last edited:
Lighten the fuck up, I was just messing around, I told you that and said some complimentary things about him.

Someone is really sensitive these days.

no, you're just a silly little troll sent by Spartan Store clerks to collect a century old grudge. and predictably so, at that.

it's okay sparty, it's okay ... Your MAC-like days in football may be over and that's a good thing ...but your academic MAC-like days will last forever and that's just the way it has always been.

Last edited:
Way to kill a thread that is actually worth discussing. Jeez...

you talking to me? all I did was feed a troll who I thought was a man with two balls asking a question he was too stupid to figure out himself.

(or herself)

no, you're just a silly little troll sent by Spartan Store clerks to collect a century old grudge. and predictably so, at that.

it's okay sparty, it's okay ... Your MAC-like days in football may be over and that's a good thing ...but your academic MAC-like days will last forever and that's just the way it has always been.

Your little ego must be really bruised if you're bringing up academics and lawn mowing. I feel sorry for you, it's ok, it's just a sport, not life or death.

Back