Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All enters transfer portal!?

Didn't see this coming. If he goes to Iowa, he's instantly their best receiving option.

if he goes to Iowa, I'd say it's probably related to Cade leaving. All's tweet announcing his transfer was less-than-ideal, so yeah, I could see unhappiness being part of the reason for his transfer.

good luck to him... he delivered a win @PennSt in 2021, which was huge

I'm not sure the other transfer portal thread was there when I posted this thread. I didn't see it anyway. I guess this thread can be deleted since the discussion is happening on the other thread.

if he goes to Iowa, I'd say it's probably related to Cade leaving. All's tweet announcing his transfer was less-than-ideal, so yeah, I could see unhappiness being part of the reason for his transfer.

good luck to him... he delivered a win @PennSt in 2021, which was huge

It also might be that Iowa is "tight end U". Maybe he thinks they can coach him up for one more year which could help him at the next level??

I'm not sure the other transfer portal thread was there when I posted this thread. I didn't see it anyway. I guess this thread can be deleted since the discussion is happening on the other thread.

I put that one up after. Wasn't trying to transfer the All discussion. Just thought a thread to capture all the comings and goings would make sense.

I apologize for not having the link, but I saw a post on facebook that All went out of the system to have his back surgery. Michigan trainers and health staff wanted him to continue rehabing. Since he went out of system and had the surgery the Michigan staff will not clear him to play. I guess he was expecting Jimmy to intervene on his behalf, but Jimmy wouldn't or couldn't. I can understand the reluctance to clear him if your team is not the one to do the surgery. Imagine they clear him and he reinjures it.

I apologize for not having the link, but I saw a post on facebook that All went out of the system to have his back surgery. Michigan trainers and health staff wanted him to continue rehabing. Since he went out of system and had the surgery the Michigan staff will not clear him to play. I guess he was expecting Jimmy to intervene on his behalf, but Jimmy wouldn't or couldn't. I can understand the reluctance to clear him if your team is not the one to do the surgery. Imagine they clear him and he reinjures it.

there seems to be something unusual about the surgery.

Here's an article I came across.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...all-has-life-changing-surgery-in-florida.html

There are a few different angles to this. Maybe really helped him and UM didn't want to go in that direction? Maybe it was a risky procedure? Who knows.

That said, it's pretty apparent that the disagreement is most likely the main reason he is leaving.

there seems to be something unusual about the surgery.

Here's an article I came across.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/20...all-has-life-changing-surgery-in-florida.html

There are a few different angles to this. Maybe really helped him and UM didn't want to go in that direction? Maybe it was a risky procedure? Who knows.

That said, it's pretty apparent that the disagreement is most likely the main reason he is leaving.

From what I have seen on the interwebs it appears the only person at fault here is Erick himself. Of course I don't fault the man for looking out for himself, I don't fault him for transferring. But he had free access to world class medicine and based on what I've read he was told repeatedly by UM staff that if he elected to have surgery where he did he would not be cleared to play. He elected to go there anyway. Now he's pissed that they weren't bluffing.

Remember this is the same AD that was responsible for the Shane Morris debacle. The same AD that pushed a future NFL CB (St Juste) out of the program on medical grounds while their main rival put up 63 points and a gazillion yards through the air. He was told "do not do this or you will not be cleared" and he did it. His dad acting a fool on Twitter doesn't help the optics.

I appreciate what he did for Michigan. It's abundantly clear that he doesn't want to leave and loves it here but has no choice. I hope he is successful except against everyone except Michigan or Cincinnati.

All has a formal visit to Iowa this weekend. reported on MLive I think

I don't agree with it, but I could understand him being pissed about the situation... both he and Cade were voted captains, but weren't going to see the PT they expected came with that.

Oh well../ he'll get over it some day, and I hope fans just wish him well and don't encourage him to burn a bridge. some of the kids on twitter say some real stupid shit (in general and also to departing players)

Last edited by a moderator:
All has a formal visit to Iowa this weekend. reported on MLive I think

I don't agree with it, but I could understand him being pissed about the situation... both he and Cade were voted captains, but weren't going to see the PT they expected came with that.

Oh well../ he'll get over it some day, and I hope fans just wish him well and don't encourage him to burn a bridge. some of the kids on twitter say some real stupid shit (in general and also to departing players)

All was the starting TE until he got hurt. He was going to get plenty of PT. I wish him well. He's also looking at Washington and Notre Dame. Wouldn't mind watching him catch passes from Penix at UW.

All was the starting TE until he got hurt. He was going to get plenty of PT. I wish him well. He's also looking at Washington and Notre Dame. Wouldn't mind watching him catch passes from Penix at UW.

This was my understanding. Over the years, it seems to me good Michigan teams have had more than one good TE.

What?s been the status of his health of late? I know Schoonmaker was having health issues down the stretch, it would seem to me if All had been healthy we would have seen him.

This was my understanding. Over the years, it seems to me good Michigan teams have had more than one good TE.

What?s been the status of his health of late? I know Schoonmaker was having health issues down the stretch, it would seem to me if All had been healthy we would have seen him.

All had season ending back surgery after 3 games.

Back