Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All of the higher seeds in both conferences hold series leads to this point

greenbeerd

If that makes anyone feel any better, even Toronto has bounced back from the game 1 loss, they lead the Pacers 2-1.

Yeah of all the leagues the NBA does not care that it's rigged and just mash the pie right in our face.

Last edited:
NBA has almost zero parity. Main problem is that in the beginning of the season in the NBA everyone has their picks and THEY ARE ALWAYS right. It's boring, seems scripted.

NBA has almost zero parity. Main problem is that in the beginning of the season in the NBA everyone has their picks and THEY ARE ALWAYS right. It's boring, seems scripted.

Did it seem boring and scripted when the Bulls won the title 6 straight seasons? The Pistons wouldn't even be in the postseason if it wasn't for a late push and collapse from the Bulls, it takes numerous seasons to build an NBA dynasty, Steph Curry is 28 years old, not 22.

The Pistons could take a 5-6 seed next year with an improved bench. Baby steps, just like Boston and Toronto.

Honestly, as long as we don't match up with Cleveland in the early rounds, we can go as far as the Eastern Conference Finals in my opinion. The difference between us and the rest of the East, besides Cleveland, is small if anything at all. I am worried that Durant will go to the Celtics in 2017 though. Maybe even this offseason.

Last edited:
Honestly, as long as we don't match up with Cleveland in the early rounds, we can go as far as the Eastern Conference Finals in my opinion. The difference between us and the rest of the East, besides Cleveland, is small if anything at all. I am worried that Durant will go to the Celtics in 2017 though. Maybe even this offseason.

Even if Durant showed interest in coming to Detroit, we don't have the cap for it, Drummond needs the max deal. KCP's turn is 2017 offseason, though his isn't likely to be max.

It's the best of 7. The better team almost always wins in a best of 7 series (unless it's hockey)

That's because it's rigged. Most sports, maybe all cater to the stars. But nothing like the NBA. I still remember the phantom foul on Abdul Jabbar. Nothing has changed.

I don't buy the conspiracy theories like some people. Stars get special treatment in every sport. Weather it's an elite QB, an ace pitcher getting borderline calls, hitter like Miggy getting the benefit of the doubt on balls and strikes. I can't speak to the NHL because I don't watch.

To me it sounds like whiny fans complaining that their team got screwed. Those same fans don't seem to complain when the calls go in their favor (Miggy & JV in their prime)

It's evident in basketball. In hockey, absolutely not. The game is going so fast the and officials probably don't even know half the time who has the puck. Those are officiated equally.

Baseball with strike zone? No way, if the ump has a garbage strike zone, he calls it that way for both sides. How often do you hear chatter about how a pitcher gets a favorable strike zone? Not very.

It's really a unique thing to basketball, and to some of the elite QBs. Beyond that, I think it's all made up.

Last edited:
Was the NBA this obvious about catering to the stars in the pre-Jordan era? I mean would guys like George Gervin, Dr. J, Jerry West, Walt Frazier etc get the same kind of treatment a Lebron, or a Kevin Durant gets today? I didn't watch the NBA until the early 2000s, so I'm just wondering if it's always been like this or if its a more modern phenomenon.

Oh, and I agree that I don't see hardly any bias for players in MLB. The umpires for the most part just try to get the call right in my opinion, even though they botch it sometimes. NHL perhaps at times for a guy like Sidney Crosby will be quick to call a penalty against an opponent, but that's about it. NFL is probably the second worst offender with how they treat the QBs, but that's mostly about how the rules are set in place now.

NBA has been rigged forever. I am still bitter about Laimbeer's foul call in game six at LA.

Pistons should have had three titles in a row lol..

NBA has been rigged forever. I am still bitter about Laimbeer's foul call in game six at LA.

Pistons should have had three titles in a row lol..

Yep. The phantom foul on Jabbar. Been going on forever.

Maybe 4 titles if Isaiah didn't get that in bound pass intercepted by Bird.

Even if Durant showed interest in coming to Detroit, we don't have the cap for it, Drummond needs the max deal. KCP's turn is 2017 offseason, though his isn't likely to be max.

You misread my post. Durant to the Celts this offseason or next.

Back