Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Allllllllllll Aaaaaaabooooooard!! NEGATIVE TOWN!!

tonyballs

Holy shit, boys!!! The negativity has run fucking rampant through these boards i see lol. Sorry bunch of fucking losers. Chill out. You sound like a bunch of bleeding cunts. I can't even keep up with the retardness, it's mindboggling. Complaining about Accorsi, complaining over Joe Thomas, complaining about the next GM because someone has never heard their name before. The list goes on and on. Its a process.....stfu and enjoy the ride.

Ride? What ride. I guess someone had to take over LKP's position. Congrats.

Ride? What ride. I guess someone had to take over LKP's position. Congrats.

The ride of acquiring a new GM, you fucking twat! Something you nimrods have been begging for years!! Are you fucking stupid?!

Wooden headed, dumb-ass. What are you talking about? I loved Mayhew.

Lmfao!!! Ok!!! You "loved" Mayhew?! You're full of shit!

I'm with ya Tony.

You'd think some of these twerps expect us to get a top of the line GM.

Two Things

- GMs that are household names, and are really good already have jobs.
- The Lions aren't going to pry them away from their current teams.

I'm with ya Tony.

You'd think some of these twerps expect us to get a top of the line GM.

Two Things

- GMs that are household names, and are really good already have jobs.
- The Lions aren't going to pry them away from their current teams.

Just another reason to bitch, zoom. It never ends. Only guy i dont want is Sheldon White. Other than that, bring in some fresh blood and a new attitude.
I'm even ok with Caldwell coming back. Second best start as a HC in Lions history. I don't think he's an issue, he deserves at least another shot in my eyes. But if they want to make a change there, i'm all for it. Coughlin is an interesting name now...

Just another reason to bitch, zoom. It never ends. Only guy i dont want is Sheldon White. Other than that, bring in some fresh blood and a new attitude.
I'm even ok with Caldwell coming back. Second best start as a HC in Lions history. I don't think he's an issue, he deserves at least another shot in my eyes. But if they want to make a change there, i'm all for it. Coughlin is an interesting name now...

Gotta say it.... aside from being part of the Mayhew regime... what can anyone possibly have against Sheldon White?

His ONLY track record as a GM was a 6-2 record. He brought in a couple of good guys off the wire in that time, but he wasn't able to make trades, work contracts... nothing.

We have no idea what he might bring to the table. We do know he has zero experience, but they all start somewhere.

I get all the anti-Caldwell talk. We have seen what he has, and most of us aren't excited by it, or downright hate it.

But Sheldon White has been a loyal employee of the team for years, he's worked his way up to the point that he earned a look, and he did nothing to give anyone reason to think he would be a bad GM.

The only reason we have is that he worked for Mayhew, or he's a Lions staff member... but we have not one single thing he did to make anyone think anything about the guy, good, bad, or otherwise.

Actually seems a shame to me that a man has worked his ass off to develop a career, and people are willing to shit on that because of who his former boss was.

Gotta say it.... aside from being part of the Mayhew regime... what can anyone possibly have against Sheldon White?

His ONLY track record as a GM was a 6-2 record. He brought in a couple of good guys off the wire in that time, but he wasn't able to make trades, work contracts... nothing.

We have no idea what he might bring to the table. We do know he has zero experience, but they all start somewhere.

I get all the anti-Caldwell talk. We have seen what he has, and most of us aren't excited by it, or downright hate it.

But Sheldon White has been a loyal employee of the team for years, he's worked his way up to the point that he earned a look, and he did nothing to give anyone reason to think he would be a bad GM.

The only reason we have is that he worked for Mayhew, or he's a Lions staff member... but we have not one single thing he did to make anyone think anything about the guy, good, bad, or otherwise.

Actually seems a shame to me that a man has worked his ass off to develop a career, and people are willing to shit on that because of who his former boss was.

I hate the guy and don't even know anything about him.

It just has to be that he is from within. I think my mind is saying if he was so good, shouldn't of he well, be considered that at somepoint in the past. I just feel so much more comfortable and safe with a random stranger.

I got it. Sheldon White is that creepy uncle, and at this point I'll take whatever uncle I get as long as its not him.

I hate the guy and don't even know anything about him.

It just has to be that he is from within. I think my mind is saying if he was so good, shouldn't of he well, be considered that at somepoint in the past. I just feel so much more comfortable and safe with a random stranger.

I got it. Sheldon White is that creepy uncle, and at this point I'll take whatever uncle I get as long as its not him.

That's why I like you Zoom. You're one of the few people on this board who can say "I don't like that guy", and have no rational reason other than "because I fucking said so" without trying to make up a bunch of total bullshit to support it.

I'd rather have someone say "I don't like him... because... reasons" than to try and spin bullshit about it.

I don't have anything against the man lol. You hit the nail on the head though. He's a Mayhew guy! This fanbase would turn on this team and that's a fact. Common sense isn't the norm as a Lions fan. You have seen some of the posts on here...lol. People crying over nothing. Just to cry!! It's a fucking disease.

Last edited:
That's why I like you Zoom. You're one of the few people on this board who can say "I don't like that guy", and have no rational reason other than "because I fucking said so" without trying to make up a bunch of total bullshit to support it.

I'd rather have someone say "I don't like him... because... reasons" than to try and spin bullshit about it.

Nah I legit don't like him because of horrid bias lol. But, to be fair the Lions have conditioned me so.

I'm just hoping for a good offseason because next years schedule seems easy

Nah I legit don't like him because of horrid bias lol. But, to be fair the Lions have conditioned me so.

I'm just hoping for a good offseason because next years schedule seems easy

That's my point.. sometimes bias is all you need, but no one wants to say it.

I don't like Jameis Winston. It's bias. I think he's a total douche.

But most guys on this board would start making up crap, using never-heard-of stats, and circular logic to justify why they don't like him.

I just don't. To me he's as worthless as Manziel.

You don't like Sheldon, and didn't make up a bunch of shit to support it. You just said it and that was it. I respect that.

My favorite so far was Hughes bitching we haven't hired anyone yet. No thoughts about who we should hire or about the fact we couldn't line up interviews with currently employed candidates until today......just about the fact we haven't hired SOMEONE yet.

A post that was 100% bitching just to bitch!

My favorite so far was Hughes bitching we haven't hired anyone yet. No thoughts about who we should hire or about the fact we couldn't line up interviews with currently employed candidates until today......just about the fact we haven't hired SOMEONE yet.

Since I am willing to bet I am the only person on this board who applied for the GM's job (yep, I actually did) I would agree that I am pissed we haven't hired someone yet.

I think I'm also the only candidate that wasn't already with a team, so hiring "someone, anyone"... would have been ME.

Haha.

I think we had enough of "they have to start somewhere..." White means Caldwell stays, my biggest reason why I don't him.

Since I am willing to bet I am the only person on this board who applied for the GM's job (yep, I actually did) I would agree that I am pissed we haven't hired someone yet.

I think I'm also the only candidate that wasn't already with a team, so hiring "someone, anyone"... would have been ME.

Haha.

Can I be HC?

Haha.

You're a Mayhew protoge......I'd hate every move you made.....no matter what it was. Idiot. Nice job, Ink!

Its comical. Apparently we're losing out on top candidates as we speak lol. Really? Like who? Because all i see are guys getting promoted from within their own ball clubs that they ALREADY work for and other GM/coaches getting released. We have lost out on nobody!!

Back