Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Am I the Only One Who Didn?t Care That Tucker Made That Kick?

detroit1811

It seems everyone is so upset about that kick from Tucker. Honestly I not only expected him to make it, but kinda wished he did. I fully understand what this season means for this team and what the expectations should be. The fact that they went toe to toe with one of the better teams in the league and should have won makes me happy. That shows progress. The only thing that win would?ve done is push us lower in the draft order next year. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if we go 7-10 or 3-14? Regardless we won?t be making the playoffs.

We need a high pick next year and preferably the #1 pick. Whether that means we have an opportunity to trade down to gather more picks, have the pick of any QB in the draft, or the top defensive player, we need high end talent. Wins don?t mean much of anything to me this year. Seeing the progress the young guys make and this coaching staff coming together and learning from their own mistakes is everything.

Not alone. While wins don?t matter much this year, I am concerned with how it might impact young players and locker room morale. Fortunately I?ve seen some positive feedback regarding the Lions hanging with some good teams, so maybe that helps?even still, must be tough as a player.

I care much less about player/coaching mistakes right now, this the year to make mistakes, just as long as they learn from them.

Last edited:
I care much less about player/coaching mistakes right now, this the year to make mistakes, just as long as they learn from them.

This....the fact the coaching was sooooo bad down the stretch and caused the losss bothered me much more than the kick going in.

We should be playing like theres nothing to lose....not playing to lose.

Settling for the FG just so we could leave over a full minute on the clock?

Prevent defense on 4th n 18 with no man responsibility on Sammy Watkins?

Calling T/O so Ravens could get ready...Lamar gave a public thank you for this one. Campbell said there was confusion and miscommunication...AFTER the t/o lmao. Then what the fuck did you do during the T/O?

I didn't care at all that it went in, I didn't even watch the game (I was at the jags game). I know this team is going to be bad for the next 2 years, so I don't care about wins or loses right now.

Last edited:
It bothers me when the Lions lose like this. You play to win the game.

It bothers me if staff and players dont learn from these mistakes. Lets see if they do and how long that takes..but we all know they need more talent and experience..good experience here

As Tucker was about to kick how many thought yep we're going to lose. Everybody. You don't get to 4th and 16, then call a timeout and play prevent. Campbell can talk a big game but it's same old same old.

So weather anyone cares' if they won or lost it's says the coaching isn't going to be any better. Grandy's needs a Campbell avatar. Jeez, 6 years.

As Tucker was about to kick how many thought yep we're going to lose. Everybody. You don't get to 4th and 16, then call a timeout and play prevent. Campbell can talk a big game but it's same old same old.

So weather anyone cares' if they won or lost it's says the coaching isn't going to be any better. Grandy's needs a Campbell avatar. Jeez, 6 years.

Avila will probably be my avatar for the next decade. I don?t give up on a HC after 3 games.

If the ball bounces the other way, nobody is talking about any of this.

The ball was never going to bounce the other way we're the Lions.

The ball was never going to bounce the other way we're the Lions.

That kick was in the second Watkins caught the ball.

And even if they called that delay of game.....the Hail Mary was complete the second they would've thrown that flag.

Last edited:
Tuckers FG didn?t bother me at all what passed me off was playing not to lose and not even trying to get a first down! To run that time and time out, over just making sure they had no times outs left. I was already upset and yelling at the TV before Baltimore even got the ball back with 1:04 left and I never stopped yelling until tucker made it then was all like holler GOOD that?s what you deserve! That?s what you get for playing not to lose you fukcing tards just never fukcing learn do ya!

Avila will probably be my avatar for the next decade. I don?t give up on a HC after 3 games.

If the ball bounces the other way, nobody is talking about any of this.

If you at least try to get a first down on 3rd and 9 I have no problem at all, that?s all I wanted to see, that?s not what Campbell did and I only hope we never see it again I?m willing to give him a second chance. Don?t ever play not to lose again Campbell EVER!

Last edited:
Close losses are good for a rebuild and not killing confidence. But they still dont do crap for 2022 wins yet

Replace Will Harris next offseason and many more. Sucks okudah and ife dont get the experience to grow

Dont forget the 3rd and 18 they gave a td on too

See if campbell and company learn and adjust unlike patricia

If you at least try to get a first down on 3rd and 9 I have no problem at all, that?s all I wanted to see, that?s not what Campbell did and I only hope we never see it again I?m willing to give him a second chance. Don?t ever play not to lose again Campbell EVER!

Understandable, but I don?t have that kind of faith in Goff I guess. Knowing Goff, he probably dumps it off and nothing changes.

More issues with how they handled the defensive series, relying on your garbage secondary to know wtf they?re doing.

People always talk about draft position. While having a high pick is valuable, what?s more important is having the staff to develop talent.

Enjoy Anthony Lynn now, he?ll be gone in1-2 years.

Guess it was Bobby Price fault on 4th and 19. He was in zone not man. Converted from safety to cb a month ago amd not experienced at all. His 2nd game of action really. Learning experience for him

Guess it was Bobby Price fault on 4th and 19. He was in zone not man. Converted from safety to cb a month ago amd not experienced at all. His 2nd game of action really. Learning experience for him

Coach Campbell took a TO to set up that play call.

Seems to me that is something that could have been worked out before the ball was snapped. Campbell and Glenn need to wear their share of the blame.

Back