Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Amendola to Pats

Slick

replaces Welker.....Brady can stop his tantrum now

Been injured a lot, seems like they overpaid. Welker for 12m for 2 years seem better.

Been injured a lot, seems like they overpaid. Welker for 12m for 2 years seem better.

i think hernandez is going to get most of the welker work now....amendola is more of a outside guy then slot.

Yeah. Welker must have pissed in Belechick's cornflakes..

i read Brady went nuts....he free'd up 8.5 million in cap and expected some of it to go toward Welker....still cant be to happy Welker is going to Peyton now.

Broncos offered more $$ and Hoodie Bill did throw Mr Welker under the bus last year ....PLUS, Welker was married up in Aspen last year and his wife loves CO.

New England sort of sucks by comparison, if you're talking lifestyle for player family

i read Brady went nuts....he free'd up 8.5 million in cap and expected some of it to go toward Welker....still cant be to happy Welker is going to Peyton now.

When I heard he took less (Brady) I figured it was to keep Welker. Any word on what Welker was offered (NE) verse what he got (DEN)?

When I heard he took less (Brady) I figured it was to keep Welker. Any word on what Welker was offered (NE) verse what he got (DEN)?

Not exact numbers but numerous people reported extremely low..

Local guys here in DEN -- former DL Alfred Williams -- knew the Pats offer but wouldn't say and also said Broncos fans shouldn't think Welker -> Broncos is some form of opinion on Manning v Brady, it's all about the $$ and the 2-year deal, versus 1-year AND his superhot wife wanting to live here

Rumors are now the Broncos go after Umenyora(sp?) and Cromartie ...draft RBs and a LOT of speculation about Te'o's lame ass with their 1st Round pick...

SuperBowl with Peyton in 2-years or BUST!!!

Last edited:
“@BKCBSRadio: Talked to a former NFL GM, he told me he thought Welker got pissed when he didn't get a long term deal from NE...”

?@BKCBSRadio: Talked to a former NFL GM, he told me he thought Welker got pissed when he didn't get a long term deal from NE...?

You can say its Brady, the system or whatever but he caught a lot of balls. 2 years, 12m seems reasonable.

at cigar night tonight, one of the guys said the pats offered him 2 years for 10M.
not sure of right, it's what he heard.

something up with this, pats low ball and do not go over a set price, has happened alot with defensive backs, among others, and already the talk shows are throwing welker under the bus.

edit.
thinking about it more, from what I hear, Brady took alot less and in his mind thinking it helps the team to get someone, but more to the point of his favorite target. said Brady is near 75% on pass completions to welker the past 3 years?

Last edited:
at cigar night tonight, one of the guys said the pats offered him 2 years for 10M.
not sure of right, it's what he heard.

something up with this, pats low ball and do not go over a set price, has happened alot with defensive backs, among others, and already the talk shows are throwing welker under the bus.

edit.
thinking about it more, from what I hear, Brady took alot less and in his mind thinking it helps the team to get someone, but more to the point of his favorite target. said Brady is near 75% on pass completions to welker the past 3 years?

That's right 2 year $10 mil from the Pats was what they reportedly offered. Pats are plug and play. They are going to plug in Amendola and Edelman. Brady got huge guaranteed money $58 mil so him taking less money isn't exactly correct, good structure job though by the Pats FO (long and low). He's going to be 40 plus and still racking up guaranteed salary. He may have wanted Welker to get the benefit of that structure but as powerful as he is, he ain't the FO. Time will tell if he misses Welker, but I don't think Welker will miss them, he should thrive in the Stokely role in Denver.

While I would have matched what Denver did, if the Pats have shown anything it's that everyone is replaceable other than Brady and maybe the tight ends now. They've had wr come and go...Deion Branch, Randy Moss etc etc...they'll be fine. I like the Amendola signing but what are the chances he, Gronk and Hernandez are on the field together for more than 10 games? All 3 have an injury history. If New England has troubles, I don't think it will be because of Welkers talent being gone, I think it will be because of his durability being gone.

Last edited:
The young guy that signed has skills but I'm not sure he can stay healthy.

Back