Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

American Soccer Journalist dies in Qater

Was he executed for eschewing the hijab?

It says he died during extra time - probably died of boredom.

No just collapsed in the press box. There is some indication he may have been sick.

No just collapsed in the press box. There is some indication he may have been sick.

Ya think?

He fuckin? died!

If there is more of an indication that a person ?may have been sick? than that, I am at a loss to come up with it.

He sawa doctor at the hospital a day or two before. Rest in peace.

Yeah, I saw that. I read a thought piece speculating on who would've killed him.

The obvious first choice would be that Qataris... since he had gotten a public rebuke from security after wearing a rainbow shirt to one of the games. But they're hosting the World Cup to promote their international reputation. Not sure murdering a foreign journalist over a mild thing like that helps their international standing...

Another "thread" is that Qatari gas & oil is competing with American gas and oil in Europe now... and we killed him to make them look bad to the Euros.

Who knows? His wife is a doctor or public health official who worked in Biden's transition team.

He had a respiratory illness of some sort... and I wonder if he previously had COVID?

Yeah, I saw that. I read a thought piece speculating on who would've killed him.

The obvious first choice would be that Qataris... since he had gotten a public rebuke from security after wearing a rainbow shirt to one of the games. But they're hosting the World Cup to promote their international reputation. Not sure murdering a foreign journalist over a mild thing like that helps their international standing...

Another "thread" is that Qatari gas & oil is competing with American gas and oil in Europe now... and we killed him to make them look bad to the Euros.

Who knows? His wife is a doctor or public health official who worked in Biden's transition team.

He had a respiratory illness of some sort... and I wonder if he previously had COVID?

Oh, for the Love of God?you and the fucking Covid, for God?s Sake?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ561uh3tSA

There was a third media person, a Technical Director, who suddenly and unexpectedly died on 11/21 whose death has gained renewed attention in the light of the others. Link

And Wahl's wife states that her husband's aorta ruptured. Why it did was not expressed.

There was a third media person, a Technical Director, who suddenly and unexpectedly died on 11/21 whose death has gained renewed attention in the light of the others. Link

And Wahl's wife states that her husband's aorta ruptured. Why it did was not expressed.

espn.com had a longer quote:
"Grant died from the rupture of a slowly growing, undetected ascending aortic aneurysm with hemopericardium," she wrote on her husband's Substack newsletter; hemopericardium refers to blood in the sac that surrounds the heart.

"The chest pressure he experienced shortly before his death may have represented the initial symptoms. No amount of CPR or shocks would have saved him. His death was unrelated to COVID. His death was unrelated to vaccination status. There was nothing nefarious about his death."​

In the espn article, she goes on to thank the "various agencies" involved in transporting his body back to the states for the autopsy.

I clicked the substack link to her full statement to see if she was a completely cold-hearted doctor/bureaucrat, and she did have personal things to say about him and his family and hers there, so that's something.

People die... not completely unusual for someone 49 or whatever to die of heart problems.

I clicked the substack link to her full statement to see if she was a completely cold-hearted doctor/bureaucrat, and she did have personal things to say about him and his family and hers there, so that's something.

I wondered about that, b/c recently in the news here, there was a jogger about my age (and his dog) both killed by a drunk pickup truck driver the cops let go with no warning, even though he was visibly impaired.

His wife released a statement that was like "thanks everyone for thinking of me, I'm okay, and I am going to be fine." and I was like "Uh... WTF kind of statement is that? are women today all happy when their husbands die?"

Back