Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Andre Gurode Visited Yesterday

and i know that doesn't mean that gurode won't do good elsewhere...........but mayhew has been pretty good at picking up guys who have failed elsewhere...and the reoccuring theme seems to be he goes after young players who maybe didn't fit schemes elsewhere...i don't see us signing too many old guys outside of burleson kvb and corey williams

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
mhughes0021 said:
rich get richer....we get dumber.

yeah...there was clearly a giant rush for him throughout the league/end sarcasm

cut raoila and peterman and watch the rush for them! /end sarcasm

Gurode has been cut for less than a week and has been to 5 cities (that i know of) for visits and signed with a top team in a week. Id say thats a decent rush to get a quality lineman.

MM has done a good job sure....but as far as fixing our oline problems and run game he hasnt done jack minus signing Sims. Gurode is above and beyond better than what we have.

ps....im not sure why you think 32 is old for a lineman but i guess that means we should drop Backus.

mhughes0021 said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:
yeah...there was clearly a giant rush for him throughout the league/end sarcasm

Gurode has been cut for less than a week and has been to 5 cities (that i know of) for visits and signed with a top team in a week. Id say thats a decent rush to get a quality lineman.

MM has done a good job sure....but as far as fixing our oline problems and run game he hasnt done jack minus signing Sims. Gurode is above and beyond better than what we have.

ps....im not sure why you think 32 is old for a lineman but i guess that means we should drop Backus.

im just saying mayhew so far hasn't gone after guys that are even near there 30's......and its not a dumb move before the season has even started..i think mayhew has shown enough so far to not doubt him..and trust the lions plan...this year matters a whole lot however to that opinion

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
mhughes0021 said:

im just saying mayhew so far hasn't gone after guys that are even near there 30's......and its not a dumb move before the season has even started..i think mayhew has shown enough so far to not doubt him..and trust the lions plan...this year matters a whole lot however to that opinion

His plan for the oline has been "consistency"....which has got our qb injured 4 times in less than 2 years and has had one of the worst running games in the league. His "consistency" plan needs to go away before we ever want to become a top contender. For me, that begins with signing guys that can help your team like Gurode could have and dropping guys that are failures....Dom for sure, maybe Peterman, probably Cherilus.

mhughes0021 said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:

His plan for the oline has been "consistency"....which has got our qb injured 4 times in less than 2 years and has had one of the worst running games in the league. His "consistency" plan needs to go away before we ever want to become a top contender. For me, that begins with signing guys that can help your team like Gurode could have and dropping guys that are failures....Dom for sure, maybe Peterman, probably Cherilus.

I'm with ya on the run game but you can't blame the fact that our QB tends to land square on his shoulders when he takes a hit on the Oline. You do realize that our QB's were some of the least sacked QB's in the league do mainly because of the protection that the Oline provides?

adam86107 said:
mhughes0021 said:

I'm with ya on the run game but you can't blame the fact that our QB tends to land square on his shoulders when he takes a hit on the Oline. You do realize that our QB's were some of the least sacked QB's in the league do mainly because of the protection that the Oline provides?

They might not give up a lot of sacks but the QB is constantly pressured and running for their life. With the lock out MM went with continuity because he wasn't sure how much time these guys would have to play together. Next year I expect 3 guys pushing for starting jobs. CB's + OL next offseason.

Back