Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ann Arbor Food Critics

greenandwhite95

I need some info on good places to eat in AA. My wife wants to go out for her B-day somewhere other than Toldeo so I thought we would venture to Wolverine land. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The Real Seafood Co on Main...excellent service, drinks, and seafood at a reasonable price

Grizzly Peak Brewing Co...own brews, excellent burgers, nice atmosphere, 120 W. Washington...just off Main

Hungry said:
The Real Seafood Co on Main...excellent service, drinks, and seafood at a reasonable price

Grizzly Peak Brewing Co...own brews, excellent burgers, nice atmosphere, 120 W. Washington...just off Main

Thanks Hungry

Ann Arbor has a lot of great restaurants from a lot of different traditions. What kind of food do you want?

TheVictors03 said:
Ann Arbor has a lot of great restaurants from a lot of different traditions. What kind of food do you want?

Looking for something original, only Ann Arbor has to offer. Type of food doesn't matter.

greenandwhite95 said:
TheVictors03 said:

Looking for something original, only Ann Arbor has to offer. Type of food doesn't matter.

I don't know that there's any specific food that's indiginous to Ann Arbor - pretty much any kind of food you could get in Ann Arbor you could get anywhere else.

Cottage Inn (primarily pizza) is a campus landmark.

Myself, I'm particular to the Parthenon Gyros Restaurant on the corner of Main and Liberty, Greek cuisine, really good food, although the place isn't super swanky. It's something of a downtown Ann Arbor landmark; it's been there since the 70s.

I worked there through high school; I wasn't one of the original employees, but pretty close - I started there about one year after they opened.

The Gandy Dancer down by the train depot is pretty fancy, and it has the depot ambiance; the restaurant at the Campus Inn is pretty fancy too, and of course, it also has a uniquely Meeeechigan atmosphere.

So there's a few of suggestions.

A couple other uniquely Ann Arbor places that have been there a long time are Webers; on the outskirts of town on Jackson near the 94 interchange, and the Heidelberg, downtown on Main St.

Thanks everybody. Much appreciated. Haven't decide yet, nice to at least hear what places are worth stopping bye.

Thanks again.

greenandwhite95 said:
Thanks everybody. Much appreciated. Haven't decide yet, nice to at least hear what places are worth stopping bye.

Thanks again.

For little brother ANYTHIIIIING..

MichiganMicros313 said:
Zingerman's Roadhouse if you dig BBQ! Amazing pulled pork sandwiches.

I absolutely hated this restaurant. It was packed. The service was really slow. It was really expensive and the food wasn't all that great, either.

Hungry said:
MichiganMicros313 said:

I absolutely hated this restaurant. It was packed. The service was really slow. It was really expensive and the food wasn't all that great, either.

I completely disagree. We ate there the Friday lunch before ND. Place was packed (expect that), service was awesome, food /drinks were awesome and we enjoyed the hell out of ourselves. Zingerman's Deli has always been spendy and the Roadhouse is no different. But we basically asked our waiter for suggestions and went with some of them and everyone in our group liked their food.

Hungry said:
MichiganMicros313 said:

I have no ties to Zingerman's whatsoever. The place opened right around the time I left Ann Arbor and came to LA in the early to mid 80s; it's not part of old Ann Arbor, or old U of M.

TheVictors03 said:
Hungry said:

I completely disagree. We ate there the Friday lunch before ND. Place was packed (expect that), service was awesome, food /drinks were awesome and we enjoyed the hell out of ourselves. Zingerman's Deli has always been spendy and the Roadhouse is no different. But we basically asked our waiter for suggestions and went with some of them and everyone in our group liked their food.

The above said (my last post), if Zingerman's is part of one's Michigan tradition, and one likes it, cool!

I've actually never been there.

In Kerrytown area, I go to Argiero's, it's owned and operated by guys I grew up with.

Oh, right - Argiero's in Kerrytown area!!!! Great Italian food, old country ambience (kinda) owned and operated by a local Ann Arbor family.

unlike others i am not fond of a2 restaurants thinke they are a bit overrated

but it is change from where you are

Back