Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Annual premature mock draft

Diggler Cometh

1. Darqueze Dennard - cb MSU
2. Brandin Cooks - wr Oregon State
3. Bryan Stork - C FSU
4. Prince Shembo - OLB ND
5. Jeremy Gallon - WR Michigan
6. Will Clark - DE WVU
7. Hakeem Smith - S Louisville

went to Walter Football mock draft.

He has:

1) WR, Lee USC
2) C, Stork (has Cooks going the very next pick)
3) CB, Roby, OSU

went to Walter Football mock draft.

He has:

1) WR, Lee USC
2) C, Stork (has Cooks going the very next pick)
3) CB, Roby, OSU

Seems like everyone has the kid from Arkansas ahead of Stork but them. We're going to need one badly. Crayola must be 40 by now.

3. Bryan Stork - C FSU
6. Will Clark - DE WVU

Love it.

We don't have a 5th, as pointed out, but would love to see Gallon in the Honolulu Blue. I think he projects well as a slot in the NFL. Has the quickness to separate, good hands, good route runner and is tough.

I like Dennard or the kid from OK. State.

Seems like everyone has the kid from Arkansas ahead of Stork but them. We're going to need one badly. Crayola must be 40 by now.

Had his best season ever, though.

I'm fine going into 2014 with him at C. I would prefer to use a 3rd on a much higher area of need. OLB, S, WR

Sometimes a player has his best season ever and then reality sets in the following year. I'd like to see us draft a C as a replacement.

Sometimes a player has his best season ever and then reality sets in the following year. I'd like to see us draft a C as a replacement.

As much as fans want it to happen, it's not going to. Perhaps in the late rounds, but not day 1 or 2

As much as fans want it to happen, it's not going to. Perhaps in the late rounds, but not day 1 or 2

It wouldn't surprise me what Mayhew might do and I wouldn't want a C early myself. But later on, draft a solid C with good size.

Raiola is willing to play for the min. Bring him back. He's better than any rookie center.

Schwenke sucked, Konz sucked last 2 years at guard and center. I don't trust rookies at center.

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/center/

Mack would be awesome though. That's alot of money to get him.

Last edited:
He was better than every center this year except for Jason Kelce. Probability is high.

He had one year that didn't blow chunks and suddenly he's keeper worthy? Cut bait..

He had one year that didn't blow chunks and suddenly he's keeper worthy? Cut bait..

He has other solid years. 3 of them since 2008 and one really good year most recently.

He bulked up and will stay bulked up. Was it Raiola covering for Peterman and a lazy Damien Woody. Maybe that was the problem as well as bulk. Both fixed and now Raiola can shine.

Rookie C, Stafford could be calling the protection. He has enough to worry about. Sims could possibly do it to though. Depends on the new scheme.

Get one more year out of Raiola. Draft a center to be ready for 2015 too.

3. Bryan Stork - C FSU
6. Will Clark - DE WVU

mines similar but slightly different and also relies on the hope that guys are still there...a lot lol. I think the WR class is super duper deep to the point where we could get a soild #2 in rd 3 this year.

1. Justin Gilbert CB OK St
2. Greg Robinson OT Auburn
3. Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
4. Ahmad Dixson S Baylor

Couple notes on WRs since I think that will be one of our main focus's of the draft. Id like to pick WR in rd 2 but were kinda in no mans land there. Should be picking too late for outside WRs like Jordan Matthews. And our probably picking too early for a guy like Donte Moncrief. Travis Benjamin is not a #2 WR in this league.....hes too slow and will end up a red zone target the likes of fauria....imo rd 2 is way to high to pick him. Cooks is on digglers mock...his talent is probably worth picking where he did.....but the question will be is mayhew looking for yet another "slot" type weapon or a big body that will play on the outside opposite calvin? Im still not sold on Marqise Lee at 10....so I went gilbert to fill another hole. With that being said...eventhoughis like to see us get a WR prior to rd 3 ...I waited and got great value and a nice #2 WR in Coleman in rd 3. His stock may rise post combine cause hes huge and fast lol.

Other notes. If we go with a 3-4 defense Nix III or Khalil Mack automatically become our #10 pick imo assuming Anthony Barr is gone.

I also like the idea of picking our center of the future in the first 3 rounds.....but if Crayola is definitely here then I chose to wait another year. I sincerely think center became less important after Warlord got here.

As far as my mock goes. Gilbert fits need and value....quliaty pick at 10. greg Robinson is one of the most athletic OTs ive ever seen coming out of college for how big he is. His value might skyrocket post combine and he might not even be there.....wed be luck y to have him at RT and complete our bookends for the next 10 years. I love coleman....hes my darkhorse in the draft. 4th round I threw in the best value safety I think will still be on the board. Im over delmas.

Raiola blows..

Nope just your opinion of him is misinformed. This doesn't surprise me.

0 sacks(always good in pass pro every year), 1 penalty (the downfield on the slow developing screen against Philly), run blocking best of his career.

Question for everyone: What do you think about drafting Brandin Cooks in with our 2nd pick like Diggler has in his mock draft? Cooks is listed at 5'10", 186 lbs. He's very quick, a great route runner, and has great hands. He also won the Biletnikoff Award this year as the nation's best WR. But because of his size, he gets easily jammed at the line and from what I've read, is an absolutely awful blocker. He has very poor technique and effort when he blocks.

All those positives and negatives make it sound to me like he'd be in the slot. Since we're looking for a good #2 opposite Calvin, I'd prefer if we didn't take Cooks in the 2nd round, even though he's projected to get picked sometime in the 2nd round.

Question for everyone: What do you think about drafting Brandin Cooks in with our 2nd pick like Diggler has in his mock draft? Cooks is listed at 5'10", 186 lbs. He's very quick, a great route runner, and has great hands. He also won the Biletnikoff Award this year as the nation's best WR. But because of his size, he gets easily jammed at the line and from what I've read, is an absolutely awful blocker. He has very poor technique and effort when he blocks.

All those positives and negatives make it sound to me like he'd be in the slot. Since we're looking for a good #2 opposite Calvin, I'd prefer if we didn't take Cooks in the 2nd round, even though he's projected to get picked sometime in the 2nd round.

I think itd be strictly a need pick which we rarely do in this organization. Not so much a value pick. I agree I think we need a bigger body on the outside and less of a "slot" type. The problem is where we will be picking and what will be left. High rd 2 youd be reaching for guys like Moncrief or Coleman. Picking too low for the likes of Jordan Matthews. Its good value for Colorado WR Paul Richardson.....but im not sold on him yet. Hes 6'1 but only 170 lbs and the analysis ive seen on him says he plays too inconsistent and doesn't always create the needed serperation due to his weight....aka he has a tendancy of getting manhandled. Ill need to see more. If were looking Wr in rd 2 my ideal situation would be trade down about 5-10 picks and get Moncrief plus an extra pick. easier said than done.

Last edited:
Back